Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Outside the Mug » Reality is what YOU perceive it to be. It can't ever be more. On its own alone it's meaningless. It needs interpreters. Doesn't it?

Reality is what YOU perceive it to be. It can't ever be more. On its own alone it's meaningless. It needs interpreters. Doesn't it?

Posted - February 21, 2017

Responses

• This is expressly not true.  Run full speed in to a brick wall or step in front of a moving car.  Their reality will impose itself on one regardless of one's perceptions.  This is true of all of our biological needs, motion, cause and effect questions.  In other cases such as, "Is this pepper hot?" then your statement holds.
      February 21, 2017 2:20 PM MST

Some say what we experience is all illusory whistle. We create our own reality. That brick wall or moving car is dreamt up in your imagination. In this universe. In parallel universes there would be other outcomes to the other iterations of thee and me. Or multiple dimensions. Doppelgangers exist experiencing other things.  Aging is an illusion. Death is an illusion. It is so because we make it so. Do I subscribe to that? I don't know. The doors in my mind are open to anything. Are yours?  How imaginative are you? Is it difficult for to suspend disbelief and just go with the flow? Does it make you uncomfortable to think elsewise, outside the box? In the May 2003 issue of Scientific American, pages 41-51, is an article that might interest you. The cover of that magazine reads "Infinite Earths in Parallel Universes really exist". The article talks about Multiverses, of which there are 4.  So you see your reality is your reality, not mine. Thank you for your reply and Happy Wednesday! :)
      February 22, 2017 3:26 AM MST

i think so
      February 22, 2017 1:56 PM MST