Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Environment » Seems to me having CLEAN AIR AND CLEAN WATER ought to be a top priority for every state. It isn't! Money rules some. Do you live in one?

Seems to me having CLEAN AIR AND CLEAN WATER ought to be a top priority for every state. It isn't! Money rules some. Do you live in one?

Posted - February 21, 2017

Responses

I guess I do because there is a bay in my area that has some of the most purest water in the world but money talked and now they will be opening a coal mine there which will likely contaminate that water. Cheers!
      February 21, 2017 11:39 AM MST

That doesn't sound good at all Nanoose. I mean "purest water" is wonderful but opening a coal mine that will likely contaminate that water? Geez Louise what a lousy tradeoff! More jobs, more deaths? I don't get it. Thank you for your reply and Happy Wednesday! :)
      February 22, 2017 4:12 AM MST

My state is full of available  water and we have only a couple of counties that have required auto emmision tests. The air is decent to breathe. Because of these factors, rules are more relaxed. Excuse me, I need to wash my car.
      February 21, 2017 11:39 AM MST

Of course you're excused. What with all the rains we've had our drought is somewhat less than it was. But you know bh having an EPA really improved the quality of air in California. I guess The Donald's choice for head of that department is gonna dissolve it. Then what happens? Air gets crapped up. More lung cancer. Ground water gets crapped up. More other diseases. More deaths that could have been prevented. It's a no-brainer to me clearly that there are things going on besides concern for the health of we the people. I'm pretty sure it has to do with greed and making more money What doesn't?  :( Thank you for your reply bh! :)
      February 22, 2017 4:10 AM MST

i think it should be top priority too
      February 22, 2017 1:41 PM MST