Active Now

Malizz
CosmicWunderkind
Spunky
Discussion » Questions » Human Behavior » Have you ever had a friend, a family member, or a work colleague who wouldn't speak to you?

Have you ever had a friend, a family member, or a work colleague who wouldn't speak to you?

How did you feel about that? How did you react?

Posted - February 21, 2017

Responses

An ex-wife. 15 years and counting.
      February 21, 2017 2:16 PM MST

• Sometimes it's an advantage when some people won't talk to us. :)
      February 21, 2017 2:18 PM MST

Not if she has my son all of those years. Another long story.
      February 21, 2017 2:20 PM MST

• That's a bummer. Sorry you're in that situation, Zack. My grandson is going through that now with his ex. They had two kids, married in November 2015, and by June 2016 were irrevocably separated. And, boy, does she know how to twist the knife! 
      February 21, 2017 2:25 PM MST

• Yeah, a few that I thought were friends but I never hear a thing from them. I was upset at first and it kind of hurt my feelings but I blew it off OK. If they wish to speak with me? Then so be it but I'm not going out of my way to talk to them first.
      February 21, 2017 2:33 PM MST

• We've all had a few of those, haven't we? It's disappointing, though.
      February 21, 2017 5:32 PM MST

• My siblings do not respond to my emails for months at a time.  I sent one brother a CD two months ago, it has not even been acknowledged. 
    It adds to my depression.
      February 21, 2017 4:59 PM MST

• Sorry to hear that.
      February 21, 2017 5:32 PM MST

It adds to mine too.  
      February 22, 2017 1:37 PM MST

• My family, with the exception of my dad. The only time they contact me is when they want something. Won't return calls or texts...so I just quit trying.
      February 21, 2017 5:26 PM MST

• That's such a shame, Angela. Clearly, from the other answers, there's quite a bit of that happening.
      February 21, 2017 5:33 PM MST

A sister!!
      February 21, 2017 5:50 PM MST

• I had a sister like that. Well, I still have her (she's 92 now) but she doesn't play no speaks any more.
      February 21, 2017 8:21 PM MST

yes, all the time, unfortunately, my brothers wont call me unless its my birthday, i have a half sister that calls my twin all the time but i havent heard from her in yrs, she forgot she has two sisters instead of one
      February 22, 2017 10:44 AM MST

• That's a shame, Pearl. I guess it's good that they remember your birthday but it's still a bit disappointing. Lots of us grow apart as our lives take separate paths. At least, you have your twin. It must be wonderful to be that close to somebody.
      February 22, 2017 1:27 PM MST

My sister stopped speaking to me after a few months of my mom's passing.  No reason given until she went on a public tear on me on freak'n Facebook about decades old hurts and imagined things that never happened!  She wasn't around for several years with both my parents needing care before their deaths.  I guess grief does weird things to some people.

It's a recent event, so I'm still deeply hurt and feeling grief all over again.  But she has done this to other people in her life, including her closest friend from school.  

I can tell you that estrangement is extremely painful, especially when it makes no logical sense.
      February 22, 2017 1:35 PM MST

Yes, a dear friend of mine has just recently stopped talking to me and I don't know why.
    I have reached out to her several times and she just ignores me.
    It has really hurt my heart because we were such good friends.
    I hope at some point she will come around and tell me what is going on with her.
      February 22, 2017 1:41 PM MST

Dang girl!  That sux! Sorry that has happened to you.  I know how important your friends are to you. :(
      February 22, 2017 1:59 PM MST

Yes it sucks.
      February 22, 2017 2:03 PM MST