Active Now

CosmicWunderkind
Discussion » Questions » Emotions » Have you ever been involved in a motor vehicle accident?

Have you ever been involved in a motor vehicle accident?

Irrespective of whose fault it was, how did you react?

Posted - February 21, 2017

Responses

I don't think you were an idiot.
    You were thinking and driving safely and defensively, trying to avoid a potential accident. Unfortunately, you ended up in one.
      February 21, 2017 7:48 PM MST

• Thanks, Welby. :)
      February 21, 2017 7:52 PM MST

You're welcome, ALF!
    :)
    And in the long run, everyone involved seemed to be watching out for each other to avoid a potential accident. That's pretty cool in a way.
    Glad you're still around.
      February 21, 2017 7:58 PM MST

• Nothing idiotic about it. That was quick thinking. It may not have worked but it was miles better than attempting to drive through what should have been accelerating traffic. 
      February 21, 2017 8:24 PM MST

• Thanks, Didge. Twenty-five years old; hanging upside down; and a half a dozen drivers looking at me ... I felt pretty dumb at the time. :)
      February 21, 2017 8:57 PM MST

it was all me ~

I drove off a bridge by accident

Considering it all, I remained pretty calm.
      February 21, 2017 7:46 PM MST

• Yow! THAT would be bloody scary. Hope you weren't too badly hurt. 
      February 21, 2017 9:59 PM MST

I landed in a corn field. The drop wasn't too severe. I walked away from it fine.
      February 22, 2017 7:44 AM MST

• Whew! 
      February 22, 2017 1:14 PM MST

Yeah, I guess it could have been much worse when I think about it!
      February 22, 2017 1:29 PM MST

• I've been hit four times, three times while I was just sitting at the traffic light minding my own business and the fourth time I stopped for a policeman standing in the road with his hand up because of a traffic accident.  The car behind me was so busy looking at the accident he forgot to look where he was going and hit me so hard I almost plowed into the policeperson.  They had to lever the car door open to get me out, the car was too badly damaged to repair, the man driving the car who hit me put his beer can on the road beside his driver's door but I had the perfect witness.
      February 21, 2017 10:47 PM MST

• Nasty. I really have no time at all for drunk drivers.

I was once hit by a car who hadn't seen the cop's hand up stopping traffic. I managed to jump almost clear and the cop walked over to see if I was OK. The poor guy behind the wheel was so surprised that he said, "Did I hit somebody? " I tried to talk the cop out of booking him (I'd been at fault, too) but when he refused I limped off and left them to it.
      February 22, 2017 1:50 PM MST

i dont drive but one time when my friend was driving a car ran into the back of her car, we didnt get hurt cause we had our seatbelts on
      February 22, 2017 10:42 AM MST

• Seatbelts have saved a lot of lives, Pearl. Glad you were OK. 
      February 22, 2017 1:51 PM MST