Active Now

Malizz
Danilo_G
Discussion » Questions » Current Events and News » President Johannesson of Iceland last week said if he could ban pineapple pizza toppings, he would.

President Johannesson of Iceland last week said if he could ban pineapple pizza toppings, he would.

Is this a secret attack on pizza by the Illuminati? Will pizza be safe in YOUR country?
Here's a link to the story

Posted - February 21, 2017

Responses

• I knew you'd find this, Flo. 

You may not know that that Moses had a headache that day and God handed him the commandments and said, "Take these two tablets and if the pain persists..."
      February 22, 2017 1:39 PM MST

What a monster! Hawaiian pizza is the best next to spinach and feta!
      February 22, 2017 6:00 AM MST

• Monster, indeed! Let's take him out the back and beat the crap out of him. :(
      February 22, 2017 1:40 PM MST

Hey I like pineapple on my pizza with ham, bell pepper, and onions.
      February 22, 2017 2:51 PM MST

• It's OK as long as you don't eat Icelandic pineapple.
      February 22, 2017 5:34 PM MST

Is the problem the pizza generally, or the pizza topped with pineapple?  If the latter what is his stance on tinned pineapple cubes or rings, or indeed on pineapples whole?

JaneS conpares pineapple on pizza to chocolate on asparagus. Hmmm. One might be tempted to try that, if only to find I would agree with Jane; especially given that I like pineapple on cheese and/or ham! Or come to that, apricot with lamb, apple with pork; Wensleydale Cheese with rich fruit cake.

Perhaps Iceland has not managed a trade deal in her own favour, with countries that grow pineapples. 
      May 24, 2017 5:47 PM MDT