Active Now

Malizz
Shuhak
Randy D
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Deport undocumented folks. Ban refugees Keeps us safe. Why not deport ALL criminals in jails/prisons too? What could it hurt?

Deport undocumented folks. Ban refugees Keeps us safe. Why not deport ALL criminals in jails/prisons too? What could it hurt?

Posted - February 22, 2017

Responses

• You can not deport a  US citizen to another Country obviously.
      February 22, 2017 6:32 AM MST

Laws are made to be repealed and replaced Swoop. You know that. Easy peasy. What difference does it make if a citizen commits a crime or a non-citizen? Status is irrelevant or should be. You did the crime you do time. Never tried deporting them. Might be a good deterrent for others. Just a thought. What is obvious today won't be the same as what is obvious tomorrow. What is obvious today isn't what was obvious yesterday. And so it goes. Obvious is in the eye of the beholder. If it can qualified/quantified then everyone will be on the same page Obviously. But I digress. Thank you for your reply and Happy Wednesday! :)
      February 22, 2017 7:11 AM MST

• We can not make a law to deport a US citizen to any Country as the other Country involved has a say in who they accept.  So we can not just send our citizens any place we choose so prison remains the option.  Can not see that ever changing as picture all countries sending their criminals other places just because they choose to not want them.
      February 22, 2017 7:15 AM MST

Wait a minute! So you are telling me that the countries have to be willing to accept these people? How does Trump KNOW the countries to which he will be deporting people will accept them? Here comes another question for which I thank you Swoop. Happy Thursday! :)
      February 23, 2017 3:49 AM MST

• It is my understanding that a person can be stripped of their US citizenship if are a naturalized citizen and they commit certain crimes
      February 24, 2017 2:43 PM MST

• If it's a naturalized US citizen then yes you can.
      February 24, 2017 2:46 PM MST

Most are U S citizens. Where would you suggest they be deported?
      February 22, 2017 6:48 AM MST

To their ancestral homelands since unless they are Native American their ancestors all came from SOMEWHERE ELSE. Send them back to there wherever their there is. Did I answer your question? Wanna answer mine? Thank you for your response TP and Happy Wednesday to thee. Being a citizen means nothing if you are a very bad boy or very bad girl. Why should it? If you did wrong you need to pay for it. One way or another. Deportation might be a good way to keep people from becoming criminals.   
      February 22, 2017 7:07 AM MST

But if they were born in the U S, they have no where else to go.You can't judge someone by their ancestors.
      February 22, 2017 7:13 AM MST

Wouldn't we be safer without all those criminals among us?  At some point they will be released and set free and we will be at risk. OK. Maybe ship them off to some far-off island. Thank you for your reply TP and Happy Thursday to thee! :)
      February 23, 2017 3:50 AM MST

• One of the men who was detained in Gitmo and then released was awarded one million GBP as his human rights had been violated, he just blew himself up as a suicide bomber in Mosul.
      February 24, 2017 2:46 PM MST

So keeping him away from others was the right thing to do. Awarding anything for having h is human rights violated is ironic. Whose human did he violate when he killed himself? Too bad we can't see the future to know which among them are terrorists and which among them are innocent. How many others did suicide bomber take with him?  Thank you for your reply Yogafan! :)
      February 25, 2017 3:09 AM MST

it cant hurt but its not our decision to make
      February 22, 2017 9:37 AM MST

Thank you for your reply pearl and Happy Saturday!  :)
      February 25, 2017 3:10 AM MST

Because the Mexican President is complaining, they don't want them back.  

http://lidblog.com/mexico-deport-illegal-immigrants/
      February 22, 2017 5:12 PM MST

I was just informed by a respondent on this thread that the country has to be willing to accept them. So what does The Donald do if they refuse? Thank you for your reply Star and the helpful link and Happy Thursday! :)
      February 23, 2017 3:51 AM MST

• I notice the word "undocumented" has taken the place of "illegal".  Does that make it more acceptable?  As someone who has a green card, I split my time between the US and UK, I went through a lot to get a visa for the US even though I was married to a US citizen.  What about all those people who right now are going through the process of legally entering this country, surely allowing people who just decided to skip this step is insulting to them.

Illegal means just that even if it's seen to be not PC to use that word now.  You can't reward someone for doing something illegal it's that simple.

February 22, 2017 10:22 PM MST

I noticed that too. Perhaps it was because "illegal" seemed to be too harsh a word whereas "undocumented" seems kinder, less judgmental. I don't know the "why" of it  Yogafan but they mean the same thing don't they? If someone asks "does this dress make me look fat" do you say YES or do you say "you have other dresses that are more flattering to you". Means the same thing. One is crueler than the other. Why not be kinder instead of meaner?  Thank you for your reply and Happy Thursday! :)
      February 23, 2017 3:54 AM MST

• I don't think that pointing out that someone has done something illegal is judgmental.  Not quite the same as offering an opinion on clothing or indeed offering an opinion on anything, we're talking about breaking the law.  Should we then say that people who break the law, because that's simply what they've done, are just "misguided" instead of criminals? 

As a country people can't pick and choose which laws they want to abide by. This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at February 25, 2017 3:11 AM MST
      February 24, 2017 2:20 PM MST

Thank you for your reply Yogafan. Misguided? I suppose it depends on the age of the miscreant, the crime for which he/she is being accused and the nature/personality of the person doing the labeling. If it is a  15-year-boy who goes "joyriding" but otherwise has no record one could call him misguided. If it is a 15-year-old boy who rapes/tortures/murders someone then I think "misguided" doesn't even begin to describe it. Words mean different things to different people. Semantics always gets in the way. When I say what I say I believe people understand what my point is. They may not and as a result they misunderstand and I misunderstand and therefore communication never takes place. You find the use of the word "undocumented" to be offensive and prefer using the word "illegal". It matters not to me which is used. Someone broke the law. He/she did wrong. How you label it is your choice depending on all kinds of things not the least of which is your experience/intellect/character. I believe I have sufficently beaten that dead horse. Thank you for your reply.
      February 25, 2017 3:18 AM MST

I agree sir!
    Do it the right way.
      February 23, 2017 6:52 AM MST

Hello TP:

What IS the right way???  Let's say your family is starving, so you go north to find work.  When you get to the border, you don't SEE a "Do Not Cross" sign.  You SEE a "Help Wanted" sign. 

What would YOU do??  Cross and get a JOB, or sit there and let your family starve???    Well, if you're a religious, conservative, Mexican family man, you CROSS.. 

excon

PS>  It's EASY, isn't it, to make these pronouncements from the comfort of your easy chair, isn't it?
      February 23, 2017 7:23 AM MST

• I was faced with being separated from my husband if my visa application had been turned down for whatever reason.  The problem is that the immigrants I believe this thread is referring to are unable to be processed in the normal way, there is no way to investigate their backgrounds and as we've seen in Europe that is a dangerous, very dangerous situation.

I'm going to refer you again to WWII where the men of Britain went to fight the Nazis along with many brave men from this country who laid down their lives.  Food was rationed, my grandmother and mother talked about how they would eek out food but their will to not give in was strong, they had no weapons if the Germans had decided to invade but countries like France, Belgium and others also fought quietly through the resistance and many, many of them were killed for doing so.  If someone's country is being threatened then you stay and fight for it you don't run away.

Have you noticed that the majority of these immigrants are young men? As we've seen in Europe they've left the women of their families behind presumably to deal with the terrorists.  The man who raped a 10 year old boy and explained to the judge it was a sexual emergency because he hadn't had sex in 3 months because he'd left his wife at home. 

The official estimate is that one in five of these immigrants is an ISIS plant and this applies to the ones trickling across the border of Mexico, they've found that's an easy way in.  It is in our nature to feel compassion for people who live in war torn countries but this is a different kind of situation than the world has seen before.

February 24, 2017 2:39 PM MST

Hello Y:

Yeah, I've heard that before...  BUT, before WE let a refugee in we VET them for at least 18 months..  If I were to believe you, that would mean our immigration services are FOOLING us about the process, and I don't know WHY they'd do that..

excon
      February 24, 2017 5:12 PM MST