Active Now

Danilo_G
Malizz
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Apparently there are a zillion different kinds of Conservatism. Which kind are you or were you until Trumpism replealed and replaced it?

Apparently there are a zillion different kinds of Conservatism. Which kind are you or were you until Trumpism replealed and replaced it?

Posted - February 22, 2017

Responses

• Yes, Trump's definitely not conservative, well not like I understand it..he's just a nutter, a rabid loony.
      February 22, 2017 12:40 PM MST

A group of mental health professionals declared that Trump is a Paranoid Psychopathic Narcissist and should be removed from office. That he has a loose grip on realty and simply rejects whatever he dislikes. Comforting ain't it? Thank you for your reply DdbTD and Happy Thursday to thee! :)
      February 23, 2017 2:56 AM MST

So how is Trumpism defined?
      February 22, 2017 8:52 PM MST

Is Trump a true CONSERVATIVE m2c? I have read Conservatives say Trump is NOT ONE OF THEM. I am simply repeating what I've read from TRUE CONSERVATIVES. George Will, a long-time honored TRUE CONSERVATIVE says Trump is not one. What is Trumpism? Whatever he says is true. All the alternative facts, lies, misleading stuff he makes up. Trump truth is the only truth that matters to him and to his supporters. Nothing else does. So with every word and deed you can learn for yourself what Trumpism is. If I were to list all of the aspects of it I'd be here for years. It is all-encompassing. It includes giving great power to ALT RIGHT WHITE racists like Steve Bannon. It includes embracing a murdering despot like Putin, defending him and dissing the United States of America. Trumpism is  what  the millions of protesters who are joining groups like Indivisible are protesting. What he is. What he says. What he does. What he stands for. Trumpism includes Twitter-Bashing those who criticize him daily. It includes withholding important classified information from his own veep. It includes vilifying the media  by calling it "an enemy of the people".  It includes the 5 years of birther lies he promulgated about President Obama.  It includes all the rallies where he riled up the folks and smiled when they chanted LOCK HER UP about Hillary Clinton.That's just the tip of the iceberg. Did I answer your question?. Thank you for asking it. Happy Thursday to thee m2c.
      February 23, 2017 3:11 AM MST

So Trumpism=Whatever you wish to criticize Trump for? Some of which is falsehoods....

And "ism" is a set of beliefs/a philosophy.... 

February 23, 2017 4:19 AM MST

• To be fair m2c that isn't what Rosie said. She said she didn't include every aspect of Trumpism, so she wasn't suggesting it's *whatever* but rather that these points are well known, and mostly backed by facts rather than alt facts. Rosie did give some examples.

If I were you, which of course I am not, and far be it for me to tell others what to do, but I would watch the use of *you* in answers. We do have to be very careful not to make anything personal and when one uses the word you it can be seen more accusatory. We wouldn't want to get into trouble with the mods now would we? 
      February 23, 2017 6:23 AM MST

By all means if you feel I have crossed a line hit the report button. 
      February 23, 2017 9:37 AM MST

• Now now m2c please do look at what I said... I never said you had crossed the line.. my words were quite specific.. I was merely posting a reminder that we all need to be particularly careful not to turn our comments personal. I am sure you will appreciate that. 
    I can assure you, I am very conscientious I report fairly and reasonably, I don't report unless there is justification and had I felt there was such, then yes, of course, I would have reported it.. As you are a mod you will know that I did not report anything, I merely did the ladylike thing of posting a reminder that we must be careful not to sail too close to making things personal here.. I did feel you were heading that way, and if you sit back and think about it carefully, then I am sure you can see what  I meant.  No need to thank me - just doing my bit to keep things nice around here.  
      February 23, 2017 12:00 PM MST

I know where the line is....And as I said if you believe I cross it, please use the report button. No worries about me knowing you reported....It goes straight to JA. This post was edited by my2cents at February 23, 2017 4:06 PM MST
      February 23, 2017 4:00 PM MST

• Again..please read what I wrote.. I had thought I was clear..  If I had felt you had crossed the line I would have reported.. How much good that would do I don't know as I am very much into studying human nature so there are certain truisms along that front but that's digressing.. 
    We need to stick to the point here really I feel.. I didn't report you because you didn't cross that line.. end of.. all the words about if you feel this and that are not relevant here.. I didn't feel so I didnt.. simple.. I did however feel you came close to that line and out of courtesy and respect I highlighted that.. as I say no need to thank me.. No need to keep repeating the point about reporting either.. I am well aware of how the system works.. If you feel I have been out of order in trying to be courteous in pointing out that you may have been close to crossing the line then you are equally able to report me.. I give you more credit than to think you would do that.. I'd like the same consideration please.. 
      February 23, 2017 4:09 PM MST

(repealed)
      February 22, 2017 9:18 PM MST