Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Life and Society » What bathroom will you use now?

What bathroom will you use now?

White House lifts transgender student bathroom guidelines. Confusing?

Posted - February 22, 2017

Responses

Good.  No, I'm not confused about the F or M checked on my birth certificate.
      February 22, 2017 9:03 PM MST

• If you have ladies or gents equipment then you should use the corresponding loo.  As far as I know students have managed to sort out where to relieve themselves for many years without it being a subject for any government discussion.
      February 22, 2017 9:44 PM MST

• You think so? All these years boys and girls with gender issues have never had an issue? You realise that there's people that really don't look like you and I? Like you can see it.
      February 24, 2017 4:24 PM MST

• I don't just think so I know that 20 years ago we never heard about this transgender loo issue.  Somehow the people involved managed without the help of the government.  We have to be concerned about any government turning a country into the nanny state and I think that when the government becomes involved in the subject of who should be using the men/ladies loo then they're too involved in our lives.

March 7, 2017 10:10 PM MST

•  This seems like a non issue. There is one question to ask, "Does one have a penis?"  Yes? Boy's Room.  No? Girl's Room.

Allowing students to use which ever restroom one wishes is an invitation to assault, real and false accusations and very serious litigation.
      February 22, 2017 9:48 PM MST

• That doesn't always work. There are some trans people are so "passing" that they resemble the other gender almost completely in outward appearance. There are full-on men-with-beards (in appearance) who have female genitalia. Are you saying it would be better for people like that to use the women's room? Would they then have to submit to a "genital inspection"? This might be unlikely to affect minors as they are usually not "transitioned" enough to completely look like the other gender. But in some cases it happens. It would cause more of a stink if someone who for all intents and purposes appears to be the other gender to use the restroom that matches their genitalia. 
      February 22, 2017 10:18 PM MST

• There was a case some years ago where an elementary school boy claimed to identify as a girl* and wanted to use to girl's bathroom.  The school offered a very reasonable solution. He may use the bathroom in the nurse's office.  This was rejected by his parents.  But I would the solution was reasonable and equitable.  A school cannot bend to every special need set before it. I hold to my original stance.

*I suspect the boy was being manipulated by his parents for their own nefarious needs, but that is a side issue. 
      February 23, 2017 7:51 AM MST

• What about someone who's already transitioned. There's no penis there. Which bathroom should this person use?
      February 24, 2017 4:16 PM MST

• The men who are in the process of changing their gender yet still look like men open the door literally to men who are not transitional but pose a safety threat to a lone woman in the loo.  From what I understand transgender people comprise of 1% of the population so we're talking about a very tiny minority. 

My question is what have these people done say 10 years ago when this bathroom issue wasn't on the political books?
      February 24, 2017 2:58 PM MST

• Who are these non transitional that pose a threat? You mean regular guys dressed as women? Are you saying that you objection is that this is going to allow regular guys dressed in drag to go into bathrooms and assault women??
      February 24, 2017 4:19 PM MST

• You can't really believe the whole thing is about letting kids use whatever rest room they want. I mean, that's what you think this is about?
      February 24, 2017 4:12 PM MST

• I mostly avoided the bathroom when I was in school. 
      February 22, 2017 10:13 PM MST

• I did too.  They were outside, cold and smelled.
      February 22, 2017 10:28 PM MST

A lot of losers full of sh** up in and around them.
      February 23, 2017 8:50 AM MST

• Ladies loos have long been the gathering point for women to gossip, swap lipsticks and compare boyfriends/spouses.  That's why women always go to the loo in groups.

February 22, 2017 11:07 PM MST

• Well there are other feminine things that go on in lady's loos that a transgender person would definitely not be acquainted with.
      February 24, 2017 3:00 PM MST

• I'm with you 100%...  Personally I don 't much care one way or the other or see much issue one way or the other,  I wish it would just die one or the other.
      February 22, 2017 11:44 PM MST

The one I always use...ladies rest room;))
      February 22, 2017 10:52 PM MST

• Same place I always have...
    Image result for pissing on wall
      February 22, 2017 11:46 PM MST

Same one.  In a womans bathroom a transgender is no big deal, everything is stalls but in a mens bathroom hahaha it would be a reach for a woman. 
      February 23, 2017 12:13 AM MST

• When your thinking is tainted by that idea that behind every corner is a creepy depraved sex fiend who will screw anything from a dog, to your 6yo, to your bed ridden Grandmother. Cruises around naked with nothing but a raincoat in a windowless van full of zip-ties, chloroform,  and lollipos lurking and waiting at every playground

Well the fear starts to make sense.  If you believe that is how it is and you are at very high risk anytime you are not locked in your home, then yeah it's understandable if that was the most common reality.
      February 24, 2017 3:35 PM MST

Just point me to the damn urinal, stall or alley. This post was edited by Zack at February 24, 2017 3:27 PM MST
      February 24, 2017 3:10 PM MST

• Seriously,  if you got that much time to worry about all this then you can easily wait to piss at your house. This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at February 24, 2017 3:54 PM MST
      February 24, 2017 3:28 PM MST

LOL
      February 24, 2017 3:31 PM MST