Active Now

Danilo_G
my2cents
Discussion » Questions » Family » hoe many of you have been badly hurt, damaged and left helpless by selfish parents who have used you for their own gain?

hoe many of you have been badly hurt, damaged and left helpless by selfish parents who have used you for their own gain?

my father used to abuse me all the time , physically and mentally abuse me. he would hit me, thrash me until i bleed while my mother just looked on adn did nothinh. Then they would pretend to be such innocent caring loving parents. My husbands parents are the same his father is a  mean drunk who has tortured them all his life and his mother is a wicked old bitch who continues to torture is until this day if she cant use us for money and other benefits. But they all pretend to be all so holier than though, go to church and preach. they tell us that we will ho to hell for not doing what they say and for hurting them. I dont know how to explain their attitude. It is like they are amazing parents who have done the best they can , countless sacrifices, so selfless etc and they deserve to be treated like royalty for being parents when they are just basic dirty scums who hust fucked and unfortunately got kids and did not know what to do with them. they are hypocrites.

Posted - February 22, 2017

Responses

• Im sorry to hear that. I just wouldn't talk to them. 
      February 22, 2017 9:18 PM MST

but that just fuels and add to their pomposity and sense of martyrdom. we grew them up with so much difgiculty and see how they illtreat us now. They still get to use us as a example to feel better about themsleves. i am hurting and i want them to feel my pain and hurt too.
      February 22, 2017 9:28 PM MST

• I wouldn't care about any of that if im not there to listen to it.  I know im being simplistic, but that's why I would do. In a heartbeat.
      February 22, 2017 11:04 PM MST

Poor Gary Coleman. May he rest in peace.
      February 22, 2017 9:27 PM MST

• This comment reminds me of my son. Because of his condition, he.sometimes spews things out of place and insensitive. He thinks he's being funny.
      February 23, 2017 11:39 AM MST

• That sounds very much like a rant. The big thing about difficult circumstances is finding a way to deal with them. If you're a kid you're still working through it; if you're an adult you need to make sure that you can no longer be exploited. Judging by the foul language in the blog you posted today I'd say that you're still a teen and are probablyu mortified about not getting your own way.

Edit:
    I was wrong. You're not a teen. You're a woman, married, probably with a chld. And this quote from your blog is apparently directed at your father-in-law: "i hope you get cancer in your old age and suffer mercilessly and die of heart pain and body pain." Charming!  This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at February 22, 2017 10:07 PM MST
      February 22, 2017 10:03 PM MST

• I'm sorry to hear about your upbringing.. no one deserves parents like that ... having said that you are now an adult... it's up to you to move past them and give your kids the love they deserve .. and i think it's hard to love and hate at the same time ... you can break the cycle or fall into repeating it ... i wish you luck
      February 22, 2017 10:16 PM MST

It's your choice to continue to give them that power over you. Let your anger go, forgive them and start living your life without thinking about how they will perceive it.It can be done.
      February 23, 2017 4:57 AM MST