Active Now

my2cents
Danilo_G
Element 99
DannyPetti
Discussion » Questions » Politics » How much of Mr Trump's wall would it be possible to complete while he is still in office?

How much of Mr Trump's wall would it be possible to complete while he is still in office?

The US-Mexico border is 1,900 miles or 3,100 km long. Let's be optimistic and say that, evidence to the contrary, he will complete his four year term without being impeached. How much of the wall will be built before the next president takes office and drops the whole thing?

And, if he manages to get it started (assuming that it's not just rhetoric) how soon would it be before the first sod is turned and the first filling laid?

Posted - February 23, 2017

Responses

• lol made me laugh...  I think most of us know it's impossible.. but his supporters bless them believe all this rubbish and will tell you he's "getting things done" - so as long as they *think* he's doing things it doesn't really matter if he is or isn't and this way it saves money.. mmm more money for him to fly down to Florida for the weekends.
      February 23, 2017 3:40 AM MST

• Hmm. I thought he lived in Florida and flew to DC for the weekends. :(
      February 23, 2017 8:41 AM MST

OK (Tongue in Cheek). The Mexican / US wall would be a little less in length than 1/2 (half) of the Great Wall of China (which can be described as a series of smaller walls connected together).  Depending on which history you read and your definition of the Great Wall, it took from 276 to 1000 years to build. So, taking a wild swag at this I would say the actual construction of the US / Mexican wall would take (factoring in the union demands and holidays) 138 to 500 years to build.
      February 23, 2017 4:46 AM MST

• Now THERE's a project for the ages, Ancient One. Other politicians have yearned for a place in history but few have dared to align themselves with  the pharaohs and their pyramids. :)
      February 23, 2017 8:46 AM MST

That sounds a little high.
      February 23, 2017 9:05 AM MST

• Ah well, wit the builders of the Berlin Wall, at the very least. But then, who remembers their names?
      February 23, 2017 9:07 AM MST

I'm not sure, but I got my wall on January 26 (inside JA's gift shop). It will stay here at least until first term ends, and it's free of charge as the Mexicans are paying for it. Mhmm.
      February 23, 2017 5:40 AM MST

• Maybe JA can supply Mr T with a prefabricated, virtual wall. It'll save a fortune.
      February 23, 2017 8:48 AM MST

Yus!
      February 23, 2017 9:03 AM MST

I do not believe Chump's dumb wall will ever get built. If it does, it wouldn't keep anyone out. Being surrounded by the sea never kept anyone out of the British isles. If people really want to get somewhere, they find a way.
      February 28, 2017 8:41 AM MST