Active Now

Slartibartfast
Danilo_G
Malizz
my2cents
Discussion » Questions » answerMug » BLOCKING PEOPLE

BLOCKING PEOPLE

I didn't get into an argument on here with anyone, so I have no abuse to report, but I don't like this one particular user. He says really annoying, repeatative comments on my posts and he's just not someone I want to hear from any more. How do I block him?

Posted - February 23, 2017

Responses

We cannot block people. I am aware of what you're referring to, and it won't be his first time acting like this. The only thing you can do, as it's inside the blog, you can limit access to add comments without being approved by yourself first. But this will go for all the other participants too. My suggestion is to either ignore the one (would be the best), or if you are really annoyed by it to a larger degree to talk with him about your annoyance by his repetitive replies inside your blog. All my best for you, and hopefully one member won't annoy you too much not to make other entries. I enjoyed reading your blog. Thank you. :-)
      February 23, 2017 7:50 AM MST

• I didn do nuffin! LOL
      February 23, 2017 7:52 AM MST

Lol. It won't be you. Rimes with B*... Better not mention as it's family room. Lol.
      February 23, 2017 8:00 AM MST

• I saw !
      February 23, 2017 8:00 AM MST

Won't be the first time with untimely and distracting comments. What can one do... Hmm.

I'm not sure which one was the best, telling 90% of the time all women lie without exception, or the one where he told me gay people are pedophiles. He is definitely a charmer. Mhmm.   This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at February 23, 2017 11:37 AM MST
      February 23, 2017 8:04 AM MST

We also insult men and make fun of them all of the time lol!
      February 23, 2017 9:11 AM MST

Oh true, you got that one. Lol. Like I said, a true charmer. 
      February 23, 2017 9:26 AM MST

• Thanks sweetie. I looked online and it said there's no blocking which is really ridiculous. Every other site I've ever been on has offered this. What is the administration trying to do? If you don't want to hear from someone, then you shouldn't have to. I don't even need to justify why. This site kinda sucks. I miss EP.  
      February 23, 2017 8:41 AM MST

I found it strange too, not the least thinking back on EP. But it actually works out great and is way more friendly environmen than what we had tab EP. You'll get used after a while. :-)
      February 23, 2017 9:01 AM MST

Desiree, I was really nervous coming here when I saw there was no blocking.  But I found out that this site really seems to police itself really well.  Those few that every come here with the agenda to harass are quickly gone.

They are a few people that will put a negative spin to anyone's comments, especially if it is politics.  Ignoring them really does work.  
      February 23, 2017 9:33 AM MST

• How do I do this? It says nothing about comments, just who can and can't view it.
      February 23, 2017 8:52 AM MST

I think it's in the settings. On the go right now, let me look it up later.
      February 23, 2017 9:02 AM MST

We don't have that feature anymore. It was abused. People were removing comments, so abusive behavior was not being reported to the admins and people continued being nasty all day every day for months before I even knew about it. Also, some people would write blogs about their opinions on some things and then would delete all opinions that didn't agree with theirs. Not cool. Another form of blocking that just didn't work- it would wind up in secondary blogs by people who were banned from the primary or it would end up in the Q&A. Lots of anger and hurt feelings over that.
      February 23, 2017 11:15 AM MST

Understandable. I was just not awareness it had been dropped as option.  :-)
      February 23, 2017 1:19 PM MST

We need that feature back; there are people on here I would like to block but can't.
      February 27, 2017 3:30 PM MST

I'm sorry- it won't be coming back for the reasons I mentioned in the comment.
      February 27, 2017 6:37 PM MST

*GASP* I never did a thing!!!
      February 23, 2017 7:54 AM MST

No blocking here. If someone is bothering you send me a link or hit the report button. 
      February 23, 2017 8:59 AM MST

• They're not abusive, they're just stupid and annoying. What's the brain power behind no blocking? Why should someone contact me that I have no interest in hearing from?
      February 23, 2017 10:06 AM MST

The logic in no blocking is that it forces us all to be respectful or be reprimanded. We all have the same rights to question and answer here as long as it is within the TOS.  We can all learn things from each other. 
    I have been on other sites that allowed blocking and was blocked without any interaction at all. It was offensive to me and caused me to leave. 
    But as I said we do handle abusive users here....just let us know
      February 23, 2017 4:11 PM MST

• If someone left a site, it'll be more because of no blocking being allowed, which enables people to contact you that you have no interest in hearing from. You don't owe anyone an explanation on why you don't want to hear from them. I don't justify to people on the train why I don't want them talking to me. If I don't want to, then I don't. End of story. It's my decision. And I especially don't want people coming on here, and sending back handed insulting comments on posts that I make, and I know no one else does. Answermug doesn't even care about allowing the block feature in stalker situations. It's more important to be PC, than to worry about the privacy and/or comfort level of it's users. You want a reason to scare people away from your site, this would be it.
      April 26, 2017 9:53 AM MDT

• I think blocking might be better accepted and effective, with a larger media site. I can see some possible downside if AM started down the path of blocking each other. 

From a optimistic viewpoint, I have a feeling you will not have anymore problems. I enjoyed your blog and hope to read many more postings. Thanks for sharing. 

JB
      February 23, 2017 9:05 AM MST

• Thanks for the compliment. I don't agree with the logic of no blocking. Sorry.
      February 23, 2017 10:07 AM MST

• He was irritating me, too, and I'm not even involved in the discussion. The giant fonts he uses are just intended to intimidate you. You'll only encourage him if you keep arguing. Just ignore him.
      February 23, 2017 9:27 AM MST