Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Emotions » "There are smiles that make you happy". True. Every smile I see makes me happy. "There are smiles that make you blue". How can THAT be true?

"There are smiles that make you happy". True. Every smile I see makes me happy. "There are smiles that make you blue". How can THAT be true?

Posted - February 23, 2017

Responses

OH GOD!I can't do this right now! Too much thinking involved. This post was edited by Zack at February 23, 2017 10:10 AM MST
      February 23, 2017 8:35 AM MST

I'm not going anywhere sweetie. Any time you can come up with something you wanna share I shall be here! Thank you for your reply Zack! :)
      February 23, 2017 10:10 AM MST

• Maybe a wistful smile as you recall something, or someone, lost.
      February 23, 2017 9:16 AM MST

Mine? I mean someone else's smile Didge. I like the almost literal smile on The Mona Lisa. Is it there or not? I see one and I'm happy. If my smile is wistful how can I know that? I don't smile into mirrors! Or am I not grasping your point? Thank you for  your reply m'dear. Right now it is 9:15 am Thursday morning in Hemet  so in Australia you are at  VERY EARLY MORNING on Friday? Thank you for your reply  :)
      February 23, 2017 10:14 AM MST

• No, I wasn't talking about your personal smile, Rosie. I was just using "you" in a general. It would probably have been more accurate to have written "as one recalls something" but I don't really like using 'one' in that sense. My bad. 

And, yeah, it's early. Insomnia.
      February 23, 2017 10:20 AM MST

Sorry sweetie. Condolence to you. I hope Mrs. Didge sleeps better/longer. Our sleep patterns got all screwed up in 2008 when I had the cancer surgery and cancer treatment. Poor Jim. We go to bed about 8pm our time and I usually can't sleep more than 3-4 hours. Jim sleeps a bit longer. As a result  we tend to "drift off" mid afternoons. We have no control over it. So I'm usually up and about midnight or 1am and he usually gets up an hour later. A really fun couple  because of it! SIGH. But getting older beats the he** outta the alternative! :) Thank you for your reply Didge! :)
      February 23, 2017 10:29 AM MST

• Ain't old age fun?

I've had insomnia for many years but lately have been sleeping better so I won't complain about the occasional bad night. Besides, I can come on line and play with my friends.
      February 23, 2017 1:39 PM MST

Me too. Right now it is 1:09 am Friday morning Hemet time. Jim just had his breakfast and we're on our first cuppa joe. He is in the living room watch   ing tapes of golf instruction shows. I'm here doing my favorite early morning thing. We can see each other and sometimes when I giggle he asks what's so funny and I invite him to walk a few steps to me and read what's on the monitor. He knows all about you and Mrs. Didge and Australia. I'm not really all that social/sociable in my real life. I was a painfully shy child and I think there are still vestiges of that within me so Jim is really pleased when I click with someone on the internet. He is very friendly/sociable/social. I guess opposites attract! But he never badgers me to go out more and I'm always happy when he goes out to play tennis or golf with friends. Wonder what today will bring? Happy Friday Didge! :) This internet social site thingy is miraculous. I've chatted with folks all over the world whom I would never in a million years have gotten to meet were it not for Answermug and Answerbag before that. Lucky us ! :)
      February 24, 2017 2:12 AM MST

• I read a lot of this stuff out to the Didgina, too. We sure have some funny, clever people on line. 

You don't surprise me when you say you're not sociable. We had this discussion on my previous site and I was surprised to find that most of the more entertaining contributors all suffer the same affliction. So do I. We'd much rather be on our own than with people but coming on line allows that contact without the close contact. 
      February 24, 2017 2:30 AM MST

Thank you for the compliment my friend. I like to be in control of my social interaction. I don't want it thrust upon me as often happens in real life. Here I come and go at my convenience. Stay as long as I like. I don't have to have anyone's permission to be here and as long as I don't break some of the Answermug taboos I can say whatever I like whenever I like for however long I like. I am the boss of me and I only have me to please . It's really swell! It's clearly a social outlet for me and it's SAFE! I don't get trapped in unwanted conversations. i just walk away/ignore those who insult/attack. I choose with whom I want to spend my time. I have sovereignty and absolute control. I like that a lot!
      February 24, 2017 2:41 AM MST

• A smile can be a smile of superiority, contempt, having bested another.  A smile does not always reflect happiness and warmth.
      February 23, 2017 10:02 AM MST

That may be true whistle but I cannot ever recall observing a smile of contempt/superiority. Ever. The faces of the victors never smile. They sneer and look down upon with contempt. A Sneer is not a smile in my lexicon. Thank you for your reply and  Happy Thursday! :)
      February 23, 2017 10:17 AM MST

A smirk is the rock throwing little sister of a smile. few people find it endearing :-))

And for good measure:
      February 23, 2017 10:06 AM MST

Thank you for your reply JakobA and the photos! :)
      February 23, 2017 10:19 AM MST