Active Now

Malizz
Danilo_G
Discussion » Questions » Legal » Going topless in Ft Collins Colorado, just made legal. Your thoughts?

Going topless in Ft Collins Colorado, just made legal. Your thoughts?

Is this a step forward, or a step back?
Will it make a difference at all, on anything?

Is it legal to go topless where you live?

Do you think this is a matter of human rights? If men are able to walk around topless, shouldn't women have the same prerogative?

Are these nothing but a bunch of women with nothing better to do than to fight for their right to show their nipples?
If so, why did the courts indulge them on their bouncy shenanigans?

What do you think?

Posted - February 23, 2017

Responses

Not a setback. Boobs are always a good thing.
      February 23, 2017 12:15 PM MST

• Might have to make a trip through Colorado to see my son in Wyoming. Yep! Sounds good!
      February 23, 2017 5:31 PM MST

I may also just go to Colorado just to see the "scenery."
      February 23, 2017 5:41 PM MST

• You betcha!
      February 23, 2017 5:46 PM MST

And it tends to be cold up there to boot---Oh, I might be in heaven.
      February 23, 2017 5:49 PM MST

• LOL!!!
      February 23, 2017 5:56 PM MST

Even though there are many things I'm going to share, I'm reading down on some of these responses first... 
    Turterling might be a factor?  giggles.  I'm going down to answer.  It just made Don and I laugh a little. WITH YOU!!
      February 23, 2017 6:32 PM MST

• I'm reckoning, Mr Rooster, that being the feminist that you are you would be equally excitable about hoards of women rushing out onto the street celebrating non-boob related achievements? Or is it all about the boobs. 

This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at February 26, 2017 10:16 AM MST
      February 24, 2017 12:36 AM MST

• No kidding, 

February 24, 2017 9:08 AM MST

• Don't stand around, "slack-jawed," looking at the scenery in Ft. Collins, Guys!  There's two big meat-packing plants in the area and thousands of flies. Tried eating a small restaurant there and gave it up as a bad idea! So, while you're looking at the scenery ... keep your mouth closed! :)
      February 26, 2017 1:51 PM MST

• You do realise that this is an almighty victory for gender equality, don't you Alf? to be part of the scenery. 
      February 26, 2017 2:06 PM MST

What's the big deal, I guess guys have been allowed walking around topless for years, no?
      February 23, 2017 12:54 PM MST

• Yes they have.
      February 23, 2017 1:11 PM MST

Should be equal rights, so... it's about time.
      February 23, 2017 1:16 PM MST

• Is a guy walking round without a shirt a right, earned or otherwise? 

Female body parts have been disproportionately legislated against, that we know. But I genuinely don't get some of the 'equality' arguments when it comes to this.
      February 24, 2017 12:51 AM MST

It's not a right earned by men. It's a law forced onto women in first place, why? Do you think mainstream sort of thing women will start walking around topless, and if so to a larger degree than men? It's only an issue because of sexualization by society, aka men (as they were dominant around legislation when original laws were ruled). Why? Because of the Bible and Eden? Is it the story of Adam and Eve, and that wicked little snake? Why should our bodies be controlled more by society than those of men? Why? If it's hot and I'm a place where I feel comfortable about being topless, why shouldn't I be able to do so, just like a man? It's not a sexual gesture, it's simply just that warm. I don't see the purpose in first place. Why having that law at all? sexual behavior in public will be covered in other laws, that by the way are equal to men as women. I don't get why this is such a big issue. Move on and let's just enjoy that laws get more simple and aligned for men and women. This is my standpoint and view on it. I'm not aware if it answered your question. Have a lovely Friday.
      February 24, 2017 1:09 AM MST

• Sorry for the delay, and to be honest no it didn't.
    There is a conflation here of the repeal of an act that determines women's breasts to be indescent - inaugurated originally by the legislative and all-powerful Phallus that has controlled women's bodies for millennia, a state of affairs I am entirely aware of - and a discourse on 'rights'. Hence my original point. Is it the right of a man to be bare-chested? like it is his right to be protected from cruel and unusual punishments?
    I am not being rhetorical, I'm actually asking the question.
    But tell me this. I am curious as to know how a society steeped in the sexualisation of bodies - predominantly women's - is going to digest female toplessness regardless of how frequent or infrequent it may be, or how much more comfortable making it might be for her, in any other way. We are too prescribed, and dare I say stupid, in our societal soup to think anything differently. Hence my scepticism. 
      February 24, 2017 2:44 AM MST

Hmm. To my experience hiding something won't make a change in approach. It hasn't done so with drinking, smoking or sex. Talking openly about it will however, combined with education over time make a change. We've seen this lots and lots of times over history. I'm not naive and saying everyone won't stare/watch at my breasts in a sexual way should I flash them topless somewhere. they won't even on the beach as it is today. Forbidden fruits do taste better, no? Hiding isn't the answer, doesn't make the wrong go away, or be any less wrong for that matter. It's a law that shouldn't have been applied first place as it's discriminating against one sex only.
      February 24, 2017 3:29 AM MST

• I was discussing this topic with Lucia and she sort of pointed out, very succinctly if I may add" that my acting passive aggressive and sarcastic was not acting with integrity.
    And at first I was like . . .WHAAAT!!??....But then I was like. . .what?...so .... sorry about that.
      February 25, 2017 9:48 AM MST

• It won't make any difference at all.. other than a bunch of people who like looking at boobs will get to see plenty.. 

This is NOT about human rights, you will almost never see women complaining about their right to show boobs..it's just not something that matters much either way.. Men tend to make more fuss about this issue than women do.

Personally I have no problem with nudity, don't see the big deal.. but I will tell you this... any woman who has bigger than fairly small, is going to find them drooping if you go topless too often... so perhaps limit your topless time :P  
      February 23, 2017 1:09 PM MST

This is about gender equality. And the Free the Nipple campaign is all about women wanting the right to go topless.
      February 23, 2017 2:37 PM MST

• If you say so... I will have to take you and Lago's word for it.. I find the whole thing utterly bizare to be honest! And I say that as a feminst!  I did try to do a little research.. yes Lago and you are right in that the women protesting SAID that it was an equality issue.. 

I find it all a storm in a tea cup... and it's a way more complicated issue than equality to be honest.   but I was reading that apparently it's legal for women to go topless several places there.. I think Denver was mentioned... the writer of that article said that he'd never seen a woman go topless even tho they have the right to... 

I'm all for equality.. or more I am for fairness, which is a different thing.. I am also pro nudism...my only reservation is that as I say unless one happens to be VERY small breasted then we have to accept we are NOT the same as men.. for instance... it can be pretty painful if you have large boobs to have them unsupported for too long...just saying... 
      February 23, 2017 2:52 PM MST

• Put it this way..men and women are NOT the same... a man jogging or fast walking topless... no prob... a larger breasted lady.. bad idea, very uncomfortable.  And as I mentioned before.. spending too long topless could well cause saggy boobs.. Personally while I have been to topless resorts,  I prefer to kee mine... pert and well rounded... men and women are different :P
      February 23, 2017 2:55 PM MST

Your points have nothing to do with whether or not the government should dictate what body parts are legal for a man to show but not for a woman.  
      February 23, 2017 4:43 PM MST