Active Now

Chief Ten Beers
Discussion » Questions » Legal » Going topless in Ft Collins Colorado, just made legal. Your thoughts?

Going topless in Ft Collins Colorado, just made legal. Your thoughts?

Is this a step forward, or a step back?
Will it make a difference at all, on anything?

Is it legal to go topless where you live?

Do you think this is a matter of human rights? If men are able to walk around topless, shouldn't women have the same prerogative?

Are these nothing but a bunch of women with nothing better to do than to fight for their right to show their nipples?
If so, why did the courts indulge them on their bouncy shenanigans?

What do you think?

Posted - February 23, 2017

Responses

• My point was a counterpoint to your statement that I was tolerent of gender-specific laws. If we - including yourself - are opposed to discriminating legislation then that should apply to men too. Yes? Public penis displays are illegal, you know that, ergo they are unfair and / or oppressive depending on how much importance you pay to them. It was a simple point. 
    And as for your second enquiry I'll leave others to determine that. 

*unfair in that they legislate against - and therefore prohibit - display and curtails freedom of bodily expression. The virtue of the display is secondary to the prohibition in the same way that the prohibition against women showing their tits is unfair by your and others' definition. This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at February 26, 2017 1:53 PM MST
      February 24, 2017 5:56 AM MST

How is the public penis display being illegal unfair? Same goes for the vagina. Both are reproductive organs. Like said another place in the threads, I cannot follow your thoughts. Sorry. To me you try to turn my sayings into something they are not, and have not been expressing. Whether that is to my lack in expressing my thoughts, or you reading into them wrongly I cannot say. Better let it go here at this point as we won't get anywhere with this. Once again, I wish you a lovely Friday.
      February 24, 2017 6:10 AM MST

• Really
      February 24, 2017 9:10 AM MST

• No, I am. You know that.
      February 24, 2017 9:27 AM MST

• I was agreeing with you. 
    I know.
      February 24, 2017 9:33 AM MST

• At last, some consensus. )
      February 24, 2017 9:35 AM MST

• This conversation almost went tits up. Thank you for responding. I mean it.
    (I've been waiting to find a spot to say "tits up" all this time. Did it work? Meh.? )
      February 24, 2017 9:55 AM MST

• You're right on that one... But thats like having a house on fire and run around worrying about the garden...something like that. But you're right, one should not exclude the.other.
      February 24, 2017 7:50 AM MST

• Let me start.  If you wanna go topless?  You should be able to.  I think it's a good and fair decision.

However some of the weight that's put on these campaigns and wins seems a little heavy for what it really is.  It's a very small victory with little effect or meaning if you ask me.  A victory, but to act like it's  a Great New Day of Triumph is a little  grandiose as I see it.  I don't think it really brings much in the way of true equality, and if it does, then we pretty much got it solved. Which I don't think we do.
     Personally I find it a greater victory in squashing antiquated shame about human bodies and antiquated levels of comfort than it is a victory for equal rights.  Granted it could be argued that the two are the same, but I look at them as different with some overlap with each other. Some of the effort put into this one issue seems a bit much considering the other things that are harder to break because they are ignored for  "being hard". It's like the "bathroom debate",  I don't really see why it's so passionate for or against with all the other shit going on that I think has more power to change attitudes.

It could also be that were I am from this issue was settled  when I was still in puberty.
      February 24, 2017 3:23 PM MST

Morals and decency have all but vanished. 
      February 25, 2017 10:59 PM MST