Active Now

Danilo_G
my2cents
Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Food and Drink » Are you gluten free?

Are you gluten free?

Posted - February 23, 2017

Responses

Gluten and glutton.  I get them confused sometimes.  I think I mistake them because they are spelled and pronounced very similar and since one might be the outcome of the other, it tends to play tricks on me  No. I am not gluten free.  I do make and eat cookies, bread, pasta, and devour many things that have wheat in them.
    I do not become a glutton on them.  I think balance is naturally good in all things. 
      February 23, 2017 1:08 PM MST

Do you cook mutton?
      February 23, 2017 1:11 PM MST

If I were to cook mutton
    I might be burstin
    at the buttons
    but since I dont find mutton
    is somethin
    I might be likin'
    than sorry element 99
    that would not be on my plate for dinin' ;)
      February 23, 2017 1:15 PM MST

Well thanks for nuttin. 
      February 24, 2017 8:12 AM MST

• Nah. I don't do fads.
      February 23, 2017 1:41 PM MST

• Dear Element 99,

I am gluten-lessening...several friends have shown remarkable improvement in their health after going GF.

And I like it! Exploring now such diversity of textures, flavours...it's amazing how much we depend on wheat, and do not even think about it. I don't have celiac disease or anything, but I did notice some health improvements when staying with my GF cousin for a month!

I made these flourless pumpkin muffins recently, and they are delicious.

February 23, 2017 2:29 PM MST

Those look delicious :) :)  I'm not sure I know how to make muffins or cookies without flour.  I must learn how because I was about to make some white/dark chocolate chip cookies which calls for 5 cups of flour and 3 cups of white and brown sugar.  It's a double recipe.  In order to have both chocolates, I've found combining the two makes for a better cookie.
    These look much lighter and healthier.  Besides, I love pumpkin :)
      February 23, 2017 2:42 PM MST

• Merlin, I love the idea of the white/dark chocolate chips!
    Because of cookies, I don't think I would EVER try to be totally GF...
      February 23, 2017 2:45 PM MST

I'll send some to you via cyber space as soon as I run into the kitchen and make them.  Which should be right about now!  Have a great day and lots of good vibes and smiles always! :):)
      February 23, 2017 2:49 PM MST

• "I'm not free" ... but I am cheap! :)

February 23, 2017 2:51 PM MST

• I am not. I like plenty of gluten free food, but I also really love glutinous bread :)
      February 23, 2017 10:39 PM MST