Active Now

Spunky
Malizz
Zack
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Allegedly 92 million registered voters who could have voted did not. WHY?

Allegedly 92 million registered voters who could have voted did not. WHY?

Posted - February 24, 2017

Responses

They had no hope that things would change substantially. At least that's why I didn't vote prior to the most recent election.
      February 24, 2017 7:50 AM MST

So you see the result of the lazy bums who excused themselves out of their citizenly duty? What bullsh **! I am seriously disgusted with all of them. Unless they were dying in the hospital there is no excuse for it. The result? The rest of us who did do our citizenly thing are stuck with a paranoid psychopathic narcissist. Because of them!  I cahn't stend it! Thank you for your reply Zack. You DID VOTE in 2016 didn't you? I'd hate to hafta smack you upside the face (figuratively) for not voting. I don't like to beat up on long-time pals. SIGH. :(
      February 24, 2017 11:03 AM MST

Yes. I voted.
      February 24, 2017 11:23 AM MST

((hugs)) Good. I'm not so sure I (79 years old, 123 lbs, 5'6" could take you on my friend. Glad I don't have to. Save my energy! :)
      February 24, 2017 11:25 AM MST

The are many dead people still on the registration lists. 
    Many have moved so on two states lists.
    Some just are busy.
    Some know they are not informed so they don't vote. 
    Some believe their vote doesn't matter. 
    Some don't like the candidates. 
      February 24, 2017 7:58 AM MST

How many is "many" dead m2c? Where is the link to what that means in numbers? Millions hundreds of thousands, thousands, hundreds, two? You are just parroting the party line. Ho hum. How unoriginal. Without irrefutable incontrovertble PROOF I don't buy it. Where is the beef? Thank you for your reply.
      February 24, 2017 11:06 AM MST

You don't believe dead people are still on the registration rolls? I can tell you my Grandfather who died in 2009. But he is still listed on the voter rolls every year. My Mom works the polls and has told them repeatedly that he has passed. But his name is still there. 
    If you would like links look up some of my old posts and questions I have posted many....
    Where is you links for questions?
      February 24, 2017 1:14 PM MST

How many dead people are on the rolls m2c? How can they vote? Are you saying that someone using your grandfather's name votes in every election? If not what are you saying exactly?.
      February 25, 2017 3:24 AM MST

I am saying he is a dead person listed on the rolls as an eligible voter. So he is one of the 92 million eligible voters who did not vote. (To my knowledge no one has cast a vote in his name) 
      February 25, 2017 7:21 AM MST

Hello Rosie:

NOBODY thought Trump would win, so they got lazy. 

excon
      February 24, 2017 8:05 AM MST

Lazy bums are not my favorite people excon. If WE can bust our a**es doing the citizenly thing what in the he** is wrong with the rest of them? I'm disgusted. We get to suffer for their opting out. How swell is that? Thank you for your reply and Happy Friday! :)
      February 24, 2017 10:56 AM MST

• Disillusioned and disenfranchised.

I almost didn't, but I was bored enough to go do it.  My vote was meaningless anyways. This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at February 25, 2017 5:26 PM MST
      February 24, 2017 9:31 AM MST

• Your vote is never meaningless, Glis.
      February 24, 2017 10:07 AM MST

• Sure it was.  It was a lock so there was no worry about Trump taking the electoral vote here.  My third party vote isn't going to mean anything to the established two parties of one system.  It just made me feel good, that's all.  If I was a close battleground district then maybe.  When the country is going to get raped in the a** getting to choose  "By Pink Dildo" or "By Orange Dildo"  doesn't really matter to me.
      February 24, 2017 10:18 AM MST

• Yes it does matter to you. It matters to you plenty.
      February 24, 2017 10:26 AM MST

• Thanks for telling me how I feel and what I think. This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at February 24, 2017 10:30 AM MST
      February 24, 2017 10:28 AM MST

• You're welcome. Don't mention it.
      February 24, 2017 10:35 AM MST

• I thought you were against trolling?
      February 24, 2017 10:38 AM MST

• Ouch!!
    Good one!
    You win.
      February 24, 2017 10:48 AM MST

Lousy excuse! I don't buy it! Due to all those lazy bums who kvetched and declined to trouble themselves we are stuck with a paranoid psychopathic narcissist (not my words..the words of mental health professionals").  Not acceptable. Thank you for your reply Glis and Happy Friday! :)
      February 24, 2017 10:59 AM MST

• You do realize even if I and everyone in my district voted  for Hillary it wouldn't have changed?  The vote was a known lock here.  Something close to 80% Hillary.  So no matter who didn't vote for her  here nothing would have changed.  Maybe you just don't know how it works. It wouldn't be the first time you showed you don't.

Any mental health professional who makes a diagnosis on someone without conducting clinical interviews is abusing their title and not following the accepted rules of the practice. Just sayin'.

Just because you follow up with a thank you and Happy (Day of the week) after your veiled and passive-aggressive insults doesn't negate your self-righteous vitriol.  It just kind makes you look like more like a **** and to too flimsy to stand by your insults and judgemental nature. This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at February 25, 2017 5:28 PM MST
      February 24, 2017 11:09 AM MST

Geez Louise puhleez. What in the he** do you expect me to do with such a mean-spirited answer Glis? Accept it silently without smacking you upside the face? Thanks a lot for nothing.
      February 24, 2017 11:12 AM MST

• If you think:
    "Disillusioned and disenfranchised.

I almost didn't, but I was bored enough to go do it.  My vote was meaningless anyways. "

Is a mean-spirited answer then I don't know how you cope in life.   There is not one shred of ill-will or mean-spiritedness in that answer.  Yet once again,  RosieG doesn't like that someone feels different than her strict ideology and didn't kiss her ass by saying what she wanted to hear so she goes a calls people lazy bums.  Just like her BS " I'm disappointed in you" crap and so on and so on.  Sorry but some of us see through your fake persona of civility and politeness.  You're hands down one of two meanest and insulting people on Answermug and cry foul and play innocent when you get your own doses.    Like you say, Can't "stand the heat, get out of the kitchen".... If you can't take it, don't dish it out.
      February 24, 2017 11:21 AM MST

Laziness and brainwashing.

Sure, some people are too lazy to vote.

But the vast majority of them (I believe) don't vote because they have been brainwashed into believing they only have two choices.  How often do we hear from the "Big Two" and their media minions that: "A vote for a third party is a wasted vote" ... or "A third party vote takes votes away from the Republican/Democrat candidate"?

As if.  Republicans and Democrats do not own our votes.  WE DO! 
      February 24, 2017 3:48 PM MST