Active Now

Malizz
Shuhak
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Melania Trump and her son Barron live at Trump Tower. Guess what it costs to protect them 24/7? You're happy to pay, right?

Melania Trump and her son Barron live at Trump Tower. Guess what it costs to protect them 24/7? You're happy to pay, right?

Posted - February 24, 2017

Responses

I have no problem protecting the first family. 
      February 24, 2017 8:01 AM MST

Thank you for your reply m2c. Once again I have nothing further to add.
      February 24, 2017 11:28 AM MST

We only know what James O’Neill (police commissioner) said the cost is- $127,000 per day. At the same time, we also know NYC high-balled their numbers the first time around... probably thinking they could put any number and congress would pay it without proof. We don't know what the real numbers are, nor do we even know how NYC is spending, if their security strategy is smart (safe, yet not wasteful)... As far as I can tell, any numbers are pure speculation at this point. Plus, most sources seem to indicate NYC is looking at costs to protect the tower year-round, which makes zero sense if Melania and Baron are only going to be there for a couple of months.

Now, I am not a Trump supporter. I don't care for the man one bit. But, I sure as hell don't want to see his family hurt, either. I also don't want his judgement compromised (perhaps further) while he worries about the safety and security of his family.

The other thing people are griping about is that Melania isn't acting as the "first lady" right now. The first lady is supposed to be campaigning for her own cause. Personally, I say she is. No, not in a formal sense, but her actions right now say family and kids come first. I think if more Americans felt this way, a whole lot of kids wouldn't be raised by video games and coming home to empty houses every day- that, in my opinion, is decaying American society. Our kids are raising themselves. If Melania manages to cause a shift in consciousness or awareness that parents should place value on the well-being of their kids and make sacrifices to provide stability and be present in the lives of their children, it is worth every single penny and then some. I disagree with virtually every single policy Trump has come up with, but this... for once, this shows character, integrity, and real family values.
      February 24, 2017 9:05 AM MST

Thank you for your thoughtful and in-depth analysis in response to my question JA. I appreciate it. Happy Friday.
      February 24, 2017 11:27 AM MST