Active Now

Stu Spelling Bee
Discussion » Questions » Politics » Is your state senator or congressman a disappointment to you?

Is your state senator or congressman a disappointment to you?

Posted - February 24, 2017

Responses

• He sure is! Only time we hear from him or anything about him is when it's Election time.
      February 24, 2017 9:08 AM MST

• Chuck Schumer?  You bet

Kirsten Gillibrand?   Absolutely
      February 24, 2017 9:27 AM MST

• Dear Zack,

I hardly even follow politics any more...too much disillusionment...I am no longer certain you can even get 'there' from here!

So in my retirement project for saving the world, I am looking for better systems of government, more in harmony with humankind...confident we can come up with something good here on AnswerMug...
      February 24, 2017 11:23 AM MST

From what I've observed, the best way to keep people happy with their government ... is to keep it on a local level.  Once the politicians and bureaucrats get beyond the range of where people can easily go to see them, they are disconnected from those people and tend to rely on lobbyists to tell them what to think.

If we really want to change State and Federal government for the better ... we should revolt, destroy the capital buildings, and force the politicians to use technology that will allow them to "meet" remotely ... so they would still be easily available to people in their districts.
      February 26, 2017 9:33 AM MST

• Points very well taken, Walt O'Reagun.
      February 26, 2017 10:25 AM MST

Hey ... if someone claims Trump isn't their President.
    Doesn't that mean they also may not have a Senator or Representative?
      February 24, 2017 3:44 PM MST

That's what I was told.
      February 25, 2017 5:26 PM MST

haven't a clue who they are
      February 25, 2017 5:10 PM MST