Active Now

Chief Ten Beers
Discussion » Questions » Jobs » Time for Americans to get off of welfare and get back to work doing what?

Time for Americans to get off of welfare and get back to work doing what?

Same question to Trump as it was to those before him.

Posted - February 24, 2017

Responses

I don't know but according to him, "You're going to love it."

This post was edited by Harry at February 24, 2017 10:53 AM MST
      February 24, 2017 10:05 AM MST

• Dear O-uknow,

I was on unemployment once, and at first I was really delighted - because I thought it would be an opportunity, a time-out from the conventional work force, to explore some creative ideas I had been cherishing...

But everywhere I turned, the way was blocked by regulations; zero opportunity for a plain person without business connections or wealth.

I think it is possible for that to change! We should be able to devise pathways for unemployed/welfare people to express their natural creativity and not just stomp them down...tremendous upside potential there, for the benefit of the whole society...

Do I have confidence in TheDonald? Not sure...doubt prevails, although I am trying to give him a chance.
      February 24, 2017 11:07 AM MST

He seems anti government regulations. That should help unblock things.
      February 25, 2017 9:01 AM MST

• Unemployment will soon become a thing of the past. There'll be plenty of work for wall builders along the southern border.
      February 24, 2017 2:10 PM MST

• Thankfully, I orready learned not to be drinking my tea when reading posts from you and AH...
    SO glad I met you Didge!
      February 24, 2017 4:15 PM MST

• Virginia, if you haven't seen the link below you really must have a look. It's very clever. It's in response to the Washington Post's new masthead "Democracy Dies in Darkness": 

Somebody compiled a list of 15 heavy metal albums whose titles are less grim than this. You'll have to scroll down a little to get to them (not far) but they're very clever: 

Washington Post mastheads.

February 24, 2017 4:23 PM MST

• Oh Dozy, I forgot to leave you a reply here.
    I got very contemplative looking at these...not sure i got anywhere with the contemplations, but thoughtfully...
      February 25, 2017 9:24 AM MST

App programming. We can all become app programmers. It is easy.
      February 24, 2017 2:11 PM MST

That "what" is the kicker here. It is kinda unpleasant when everyone tells you "dont be lazy, just find a job" and there arent any.

Then again it must be even worse for the "People who are poor or unemployed are just lazy!"-crowd when their (former) peers start saying it to them ;-))
      February 24, 2017 2:35 PM MST

• I see help wanted signs everywhere I go, shops, restaurants I even saw a sign at a traffic light asking for some sort of machine press operators.  These are not jobs that people dream about but the saying that it's always easiest to get a job if you've already got one is absolutely true.

When I first came to this country nobody wanted to hire me because I didn't have any experience here.  It took me two years and probably filling out more than a hundred application forms, going through the same interview process which was very, very depressing but eventually somebody hired me and once I had that job experience I had no trouble when I decided to move up.
      February 24, 2017 3:33 PM MST

I hear there will be openings at the coal mines.
      February 24, 2017 6:57 PM MST