Active Now

Malizz
Danilo_G
my2cents
Discussion » Questions » Politics » What do you think of this move by the White House?

Responses

• Clearly the first casualty of the Trump presidency is going to be the truth. On no account let the voters know what's really happening and ban any journalists you can't control.

With no exaggeration this is the sort of thing you expect from a dictatorship, not from an elected government.
      February 24, 2017 3:13 PM MST

Exactly Didge, and this is only the beginning.
      February 25, 2017 3:42 PM MST

Check.

February 24, 2017 3:15 PM MST

• I hope the White House is plaing with the white pieces because 1...Rxf5 wins for black.
      February 24, 2017 3:28 PM MST

A-ha! A chess enthusiast! LET'S GO CHAMP!! 
      February 24, 2017 5:16 PM MST

• Bad. As I've said before, there is plenty of BS in the media and they deserve to be called out on it. But Trump is not the person to do it; he's a narcissist who believes any criticism of him or his administration to be a deliberate lie. He is crossing the line between criticizing the press and censoring them. 
      February 24, 2017 4:00 PM MST

And what happens if one of the chosen to attend the briefing asks the wrong question? Is his group banned from the next briefing? Will there soon be a government news media just telling the people what the government wants  them to hear?  Will the internet in the USA be censored next?
      February 24, 2017 4:19 PM MST

Why not? F*** CNN and the rest.

They're not entitled to a white house press briefing. That's a courtesy. This has nothing to do with limiting the freedom of the press. CNN etc is still free to put out sh*t. They've just been denied the dignity of getting information first.

The mainstream media is a propaganda operation for globalist corporate interests. Bizarrely the left still views itself as a counter culture that is fighting the establishment. They seem blind to the fact that the entire establishment is on their side. This post was edited by Zeitgeist at February 25, 2017 10:03 AM MST
      February 24, 2017 5:03 PM MST

Hi Zack.  I think it's the beginning of the end of the first amendment under a Trump presidency.  

The fact that they have every intention of controlling the news is a huge problem for me as a citizen.  I feel as if I have stepped into a Twilght Zone episode in which I find myself caught in the past.  We aren't North Korea or any other country in which the government controls the media.  I want to SEE ALL the press conferences and I want to WATCH them on the CHANNEL of MY choice.  I don't like this.  I don't like this one bit. 

https://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-office/2017/02/24/press-gaggle-press-secretary-sean-spicer-2242017 
      February 24, 2017 5:35 PM MST

Yet the Republican Party as a whole hasn't said a word about anything. Thanks for the input Harry. This post was edited by Zack at February 24, 2017 6:49 PM MST
      February 24, 2017 5:37 PM MST

What are they going to say?   I think they're in as much shock as everyone else at the moment.  Trump has gone rogue and waged war on the press.  Although I long for the days when reporters would just report the news and keep the commentary and opinions to themselves, this is stuff made of nightmares.  I am very concerned we will be kept completely in the dark except for the controlled information The White House is willing to feed us.
      February 24, 2017 5:48 PM MST

"CONGRESS shall make NO LAW respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or ABRIDGING THE FREEDOM of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances."

The first amendment is a restriction on CONGRESS passing LAWS on what the press can and can't say. Now has Trump proposed such a law? No. He just told dishonest people that they're dishonest. 

The independence of the press isn't just about independence from government. It's about independence from special interests. The press globally is predominantly owned by special interests. So how can it ever be independent?
      February 25, 2017 6:19 AM MST

I know the law TZ.  You are taking what I stated out of context, placing a literal spin on it, so you can stomp around and defend your man.  Nothing you say will change my mind.  I have experience with one of his companies.  I know exactly how he operates. I don't like him, never have.  I don't trust him, never have.  If you think he can't possibly bully, intimidate, & manipulate to get what he wants, think again.  Independence from special interests?  Really?  I saw your other post and declined to respond because you are entitled to your opinion and I don't have any interest in debating you over something you are entitled to.  Since you have decided to start with me here, I will oblige you.

You stated: "The mainstream media is a propaganda operation for globalist corporate interests."  And just who do you think Donald Trump really represents?  The people?  No my friend, he represents himself.  He is a global corporate magnate and is now one of the world's most powerful men.  He says he's going to fix things here.  Yes, yes he will.  For himself & all his corporate buddies.  He is a con artist through and through.  You and your friends ate up the pablum he served you.  And, now we are all going to pay for it.  He is now controlling the flow of information so that we will only hear what he wants us to hear.  We won't know about the deals he is cutting with his cronies.  He's building a wall alright but it's not the one you think.  It's a wall between him and his constituency.

Keep defending him & enjoying the ride he is taking us all on.  We are all going to pay for it in the end.
      February 25, 2017 8:53 AM MST

We put a lot of thought into the precise wording of laws for a reason. Laws are meant to be taken literally.

Trump is rich. Though if he is part of the "global corporate magnate" club, why do they hate his guts? Why doesn't he fit right in? Why did they fund Hillary 100% and sh*t on Trump through the media corporations they own? Why are they making thinly veiled calls for his assassination?

This post was edited by Zeitgeist at February 25, 2017 9:51 AM MST
      February 25, 2017 9:51 AM MST

"Laws are meant to be taken literally" LOL.  Yes, when you are in court defending them, not when a person is expressing an opinion to someone.  You sound like a petulant child trying to come up with a valid reason for interjecting yourself as you did on my comment to Zach.  Stop the nonsense or I'll put you over my knee for a spanking and then stick you in the corner for a time out.

The Koch brothers funded Hillary? Bannon funded Hillary? Romney funded Hillary?  Don't lump the powerful, the multi-millionaires & the billionaires together as if they are all behind Hillary.  There are always going to be business people who are liberal, just as there those who are conservative and those who are anywhere in-between.  

What "club" are you talking about? I was speaking about corporate businessmen, not other magnates.  LOL -- I never stated these people like him.  They are behind him solely because of what they perceive he can do for corporations and business people. 

The media doesn't like Trump because he goes against the grain, he lies A LOT, he is undiplomatic, he is insulting toward people, he's a braggart, and he is atempting to control them.  Prior to his run for Presidency he didn't have much of an issue with them.  Back in the day, he actually used to love the media. They gave him a boatload full of publicity and attention that he needed and sought out.  The ONLY reason he is doing what he is doing now is because he is a thin skinned baby who doesn't like all those mean, bad, terriible people saying all those awful things about him.  Waah, Mommy.

Does the media lie?  Of course they do.  I never said they didn't. The media and all politicians are liars IMO.  It's been that way for ages.  How many politicians or businessmen are honest and completely upstanding citizens?  Remember learning about yellow journalism in school?  It's all in how each of us disseminate the information given to us that matters.  The fact that people like you believe & defend everything that walking piece of garbage says, even though you know you saw him lying & calling his opponents childish names, always astounds me every time I hear it.  You are just as bad as the liberals who think Hillary or Bernie can do no wrong.  You are all sheep, the only differences between you is in the flocking to your candidate of choice.

As far as the "thinly veiled calls for his assassination", who is "they"?  I haven't heard that at all. Unless you have a direct comment from a specific person to back that up and not just a statement pulled from online opinion blogs or another of your Trumpian friends, don't do what your fearless leader does and spread "alternative facts"and "misinformation."  

Have a lovely day.   
      February 25, 2017 11:27 AM MST

It has the looking of a Dictatorship
    seems Trump is telling everyone what to think
    and what to believe.
      February 24, 2017 6:08 PM MST

I think all the news outlets should boycott the briefings until they're all included.  The worst thing you can to do Trump is fail to pay attention to him.
      February 24, 2017 8:52 PM MST

That would be hilarious if none of the press showed up at his next conference.  Now THAT would really piss him off.
      February 24, 2017 9:45 PM MST

LOL.  I wish they all would.  Unfortunately, Fox & the other few that will be allowed in are now in seventh heaven over this.  
      February 25, 2017 4:26 AM MST

I'm heartened by Shepherd Smith standing up for CNN.  That takes some guts.  Maybe Smith realizes that if it can happen to CNN, it can happen to FOX.  Every news outlet should be concerned.
      February 25, 2017 2:26 PM MST

Absolutely!  That is exactly my stance on this.  This is the first thing he has done that has me very, very angry.  Unless someone puts a stop to it, IMO this is the beginning of government controlled news.   
      February 25, 2017 3:29 PM MST

The media should really band together to oppose Trump on this attempt to silence the press.
      February 26, 2017 1:49 PM MST

YES wouldn't that be a gas...
      February 25, 2017 2:01 PM MST

I feel like everyone has said everything that can be said about it but I would just like to add that this was the first election I took place in and I felt like this was one of the toughest choices I had to make in my life when voting in 2016
      February 25, 2017 3:32 PM MST