Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Politics » Does it surprise you that President Trump has an approval rating of nearly 45%?*

Does it surprise you that President Trump has an approval rating of nearly 45%?*

* Per realclearpolitics.com

His stances on military spending, tax cuts, and jobs are playing very well in many parts of the nation and make him a darling of the Republican base. While he's rude, crude, and kind of a putz, and he's appointed some real bozos to the Cabinet, he's also proving that he's not so politically inept.

Posted - February 24, 2017

Responses

• Meh .... Don't care. Can't you ask a question about shoes , apps or music? 
      February 24, 2017 7:40 PM MST

Or maybe an "am I pregnant?" question like we used to get ad nauseam on Answerbag, lol!
      February 24, 2017 10:25 PM MST

• I was never on answerbag but sure :) I'd take an "am I pretty and pregnant"  Q over a trump Q these days ;p 
      February 24, 2017 10:28 PM MST

• That figure is a tad optimistic. Even allowing that different polls will produce different results, the figure is probably less than 40% which is scarcely a ringing endorsement. 

Here's a quote from "The Hill". I'll add a link at the bottom

President Trump has a 41 percent job approval rating, according to a McClatchy-Marist poll released Thursday that finds 58 percent of Americans are embarrassed by the new administration.

Forty-nine percent of those surveyed disapprove of the job the president is doing.

Results are sharply divided among partisan lines. Among Republicans, 85 percent approve of the job Trump is doing as president, but only 11 percent of Democrats feel the same way.

Only 38 percent of Americans have a favorable opinion of Trump, while 54 percent view the president unfavorably.

Only 33 percent say the president's actions so far make them proud. 
    ENDQUOTE

And here's the link.

February 24, 2017 8:32 PM MST

Basically, it depends who and where you ask.
      February 24, 2017 8:50 PM MST

• Absolutely. You'll get no argument from me on that. 
      February 24, 2017 8:56 PM MST

Didge, my friends dragged me off to Mexico with them because I was getting to low with the severe lack of light here.  We went to Oaxaca in the mountains in the south.  There were a lot of Americans there.  LOTS and they were all (ALL) apologetic and embarrassed. Most were taking a break from the news while there.  One woman I met on the street noticed the Canada pin on my collar and apologized profusely for her country's government.  In fact, I have never met a tRump supporter.  Who are those people?  I did meet one woman who voted republican because she thought tRump would shake things up a bit, but not like this.  She looked at the street while speaking, not being able to make eye contact when talking about this.  I don't know how the polls operate exactly, but the number of protests, vigils, and demonstrations in the street by ordinary Americans says a lot about how they want their country run. 
      February 26, 2017 1:04 PM MST

• We have a few Trump supporters on here The true believers. One guy, just a couple of days ago, was spouting Trump's catch-cry of "fake news". This fellow truly believes there is a conspiracy between all the major news outlets to sabotage Trump's presidence. They've missed the very obvious fract that he's doing that very well, all by himself. 

But when you say, "I don't know how polls operate" I would refer you to that master manipulator, a man who could even beat Trump, Sir Humphrey Appleby. Here's what he had to say about manipulating polls.

February 26, 2017 1:36 PM MST

Ha!  So that's how it happens!
    That video is wonderful. Thanks so much. 
    I think there are those kind of people everywhere. All watching.  
      February 26, 2017 3:17 PM MST

If you choose people at random, roughly half will want to kill the other half. So it doesn't surprise me at all that roughly half disapprove any topic you pick.
      February 25, 2017 2:07 AM MST

Hello Stu:

That MORE people DISAPPROVE of him than do, ain't nothing to crow about..

excon
      February 25, 2017 7:44 AM MST

But not by nearly as much as you'd expect talking to folks in places like California and here in NYC.
      February 25, 2017 11:37 AM MST

From your link at 2:41PM---today's poll results fromhttp://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/latest_polls/

President Trump Job Approval NBC News/Wall St. Jrnl---------Approve 44, Disapprove 48 

President Trump Job Approval Gallup---------------------------Approve 41, Disapprove 54 

Congressional Job Approval NBC News/Wall St. Jrnl------------Approve 29, Disapprove 60 

Direction of Country NBC News/Wall St. Jrnl---------------------Right Direction 40, Wrong Track 51
      February 26, 2017 1:20 PM MST