Active Now

my2cents
Danilo_G
Element 99
DannyPetti
Discussion » Questions » Communication » Silence. A smile. A word here and there. Or tons and tons and tons of words. What mode of communication do you most enjoy? Why?

Silence. A smile. A word here and there. Or tons and tons and tons of words. What mode of communication do you most enjoy? Why?

Posted - February 25, 2017

Responses

• Hmm depends on the setting... in life sometimes a smile says a thousand words but at the same time the right words can be very powerful and motivational.  The wrong words, or words said with the wrong intent, (e.g. to berate, subjugate, dis-empower or to talk AT people) are not things to be celebrated or valued
      February 25, 2017 3:30 AM MST

So depending on the situation you employ all modes? Usually (not always) if I remain silent I don't give a rat's a ** either way. If I do then I say my piece and it is usually more than a word here or there. I am not known for brief/succinct/sparse communication. If I bother to speak up I speak out and long and sometimes too long.  Thank you for your reply DdbTD! :)
      February 25, 2017 3:38 AM MST

• In my personal life? I tend to be a talker.. I reassure, i engage, I soothe, I encourage.. that takes words...  and yet I know I am sometimes too *wordy* - I speak sometimes when I should shut the heck up or save words for a better time.. .  
    I am a creature of passions... if I feel something then I say it... if I am silent, either I don't care or there's something wrong.. lol but even so I admire those who can say it all with just a smile...  and I was thinking, soppy old romantic that I am.. that sometimes a smile says it all.... a romantic look across the room, a meeting of eyes and that smile.. it's enough to get one's interest...  or erm once romance is established... that certain look that means something without the need for words...
      February 25, 2017 4:11 AM MST

You are a true romantic honey! Here's a memory from my past that I have rarely shared. I was 16 and at an event...I don't remember exactly what event but I was passing by a staircase and going up the stairs was a very handsome young man..teenager...with his parents I guessed. He looked at me and I looked back and that was all that passed between us. Never saw him again but I remember his face. I'm 79 now. Imagine that? So the power of a glance cannot be overstated! Thank you for your thoughtful reply. I really appreciate that you share so much of yourself. It helps me to get to know you better. Thank you for your reply DdbTD! :)
      February 25, 2017 4:17 AM MST

depends more on what theyre saying
      February 26, 2017 9:39 PM MST