Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » The Dixie Chicks said they were embarrassed that G.W. Bush was a Texan. Their careers ended. Why would you boycott someone/something?

The Dixie Chicks said they were embarrassed that G.W. Bush was a Texan. Their careers ended. Why would you boycott someone/something?

Posted - February 25, 2017

Responses

• Hmm didn't know that! I can tell you that, previously I was a somewhat fan of Toby Keith... then I saw that he was one of the only ones willing to perform at Trumpet's inauguration celebrations..  i have seriously gone off him.. what an IDIOT...
      February 25, 2017 4:13 AM MST

That would totally turn me off too DdbTD. We used to eat at Papa John's pizza until John, the owner, started making some dumb-a** political statements. We stopped patronizing it altogether. A "Hobby Lobby" was opened in the Hemet Mall shopping center a few years ago. Ordinarily we check out new stores. We haven't even looked inside the door. Too much political religious baggage there for us to care about whatever it is they sell. We aren't buying any of it!  Thank you for your reply DdbTD! :)                         
      February 25, 2017 4:22 AM MST