Active Now

Danilo_G
my2cents
Malizz
Slartibartfast
Discussion » Questions » Life and Society » I forgot my lock at work, unlocked. Do you think it will still be there when I return?
AG

I forgot my lock at work, unlocked. Do you think it will still be there when I return?

I work with a lot of people. What would you do if you saw an opened lock at work?

Posted - February 25, 2017

Responses

I would walk on by.
      February 25, 2017 6:20 AM MST

• Mind my own business and just leave it. It may be unlocked for a reason. Unless I knew the person whose lock it was? I would just go on by.
      February 25, 2017 6:27 AM MST

Alrighty. Yeah, the locker is empty. :P I just forgot it on my way out and can't go back there when I'm not working.
      February 25, 2017 6:31 AM MST

• I'd leave it alone.. if I knew who it belonged to I'd email or message them to let them know.. if they asked me to lock it for them I would. 

Much depends where you work... if you happen to work in a home for delinquents, then chances are it won't be safe... if you happen to work in a nunnery, then I guess it would be safe..but that's a huge generalisation of course :P
      February 25, 2017 6:28 AM MST
  • AG

I work at McDonald's. It's just in the women's locker room. Not many lockers there, but people go there to lock up their stuff, change, go to the bathroom, hang up their stuff, etc. Not everyone even has a lock or uses one.
      February 25, 2017 6:30 AM MST

• You should be fine I'd think :)
      February 25, 2017 6:32 AM MST

• I used to have a lot of faith in people, but ...

February 25, 2017 6:33 AM MST

• Very true Alf!
      February 25, 2017 6:36 AM MST

• AG, I am going to guess that you are okay.
    I myself am VERY careful about locking everything, but every time I forget it seems like nothing ever happens, it's all intact when I come back!
      February 25, 2017 7:45 AM MST

Unless you left the key in it as well,
    chances are it will still be there...
    Long time no see AG
    Hope you are well...
      February 25, 2017 7:57 AM MST

i would probably leave it alone since its not mine
      February 25, 2017 9:41 PM MST