Active Now

CosmicWunderkind
Danilo_G
Discussion » Questions » Life and Society » What do YOU want out of life? What do you hope to get? What would make you happy/content/satisfied? Why?

What do YOU want out of life? What do you hope to get? What would make you happy/content/satisfied? Why?

Posted - February 26, 2017

Responses

• Robert Browning, in Rabbi ben Ezra, wrote this: "Grow old along with me, the best is yet to be: the last of life for which the first was made." Well, Rosie, I've grown old, I have somebody to share my life with, and I find that Browning was correct. So I'll pass on anything else; I have what I want.
      February 26, 2017 3:38 AM MST

Nice. Me too. Lucky us! Which is not to say that there aren't a few things over which I have no control that I would change if I could. But I can't. They are not vexatious. They do cause me to become wistful temporarily on occasion though. Thank you for your reply Didge! Greetings to Mrs. Didge! :)
      February 26, 2017 3:43 AM MST

It's always nice when a person recognizes how good their life is.
      February 26, 2017 11:30 AM MST

• Hi Teach. And it's always nice when you stop by for a visit. Keep your eye out for Virginia. She's with us now. 
      February 26, 2017 11:45 AM MST

I'd like to marry someone who will love me and keep his promises but first "put a ring on it."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4m1EFMoRFvY
    This post was edited by . at February 26, 2017 3:56 AM MST
      February 26, 2017 3:55 AM MST

I've had all this for decades because I was born into a well-functioning democracy and have had access to various worthwhile work.  I have a home where almost everything works. I have a garden, and books, and a good spouse, and cats, and friends. In my world, I have it all.  Things didn't start out with this level of contentedness, but it's an everyday thing now. It makes me feel generous and kind and calm.
      February 26, 2017 11:36 AM MST

• If I can quote a ver wise lady and a good friend, "It's always nice when a person recognizes how good their life is."
      February 26, 2017 11:48 AM MST

Didge, you've got a pic of Lynn here.  Has she joined you online?
      February 26, 2017 11:56 AM MST

• No. Today's our wedding anniversary so I added her to the pic for the occasion. I'll post it on my blog later; then tomorrow I'll probably revert to my former schizophrenic avatar. Or maybe not. After all, she's provided the meat for so many of my stories she deserves to get some recognition. 
      February 26, 2017 12:15 PM MST

I want what I didn't think I couldn't have or ever deserved when I was younger. That means experimenting with stuff I was unfamiliar with. Although, I'm not really sure where I should start or how.
      February 26, 2017 12:02 PM MST

i would like it if someone would just hire me
      February 26, 2017 9:11 PM MST