Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Life and Society » The more you have the more you are able to share with those who don't. Do you or do you think that's for saps?

The more you have the more you are able to share with those who don't. Do you or do you think that's for saps?

Posted - February 26, 2017

Responses

I don't understand why a person who contributes to the community might be considered a sap.  I don't get that.  I'm not American, so it might only be a matter of cultural differences.
    I have always volunteered because I have been fortunate enough to be born into a democracy that has provided unlimited opportunities and safety, and because volunteering adds a positive spin on identity -- mine and theirs.
      February 26, 2017 11:20 AM MST

I don't know why either Rathkeale. But in America greed prevails as well as selfish. The mantra of many is "I've get mine get your own" which isn't conducive to attracting caring people. "Me first" is the way it is now. In the long ago olden days I don't recall it being that way but today and now ? That's how most people roll.  They insult folks who support programs to help others. They call those who need help welfare bums and lazy. They are heartless. Is everyone like that? Thankfully no. But with The Donald in charge and his entourage none of them have a heart. They were picked precisely because they don't. So the road ahead is very dark for us. Very dark. I hope you wish us well. We need all the kindness and good wishes we can get. Thank you for your reply!  :)
      February 26, 2017 12:46 PM MST

Rosie, I do wish you well.  
    In fact, I can see that some very positive things will emerge from this mess.  Ordinary people who have comfortable, predictable lives, and who have never protested anything are hitting the pavement in inclement weather to protest the immigration ban.  Science nerds who live fairly isolated lives are joining together to protest the shredding of good science and the lies about climate change.
    People who have been non-political their whole lives are looking at tRump's intentions and taking a stand.  These are good people who are speaking out, sharing information, and being quite creative in expressing their objections.
    They have international support for this.  Look at how many times the short videos from Sweden (Last night in Sweden) have been circulated! 
    i think things will get worse, and after a while, things will get better.  I expect that tRump will try to dismantle the core tenets of democracy and then steps will be taken to impeach him as year four approaches.  The rest of the world knows how difficult this is and is supportive of good American's efforts to make thing better. 
      February 26, 2017 1:22 PM MST

i think its true
      February 26, 2017 8:48 PM MST

No it's not for saps. Everyone lives in society, so if a person can do something, even a very small thing, to help, they should.
      February 27, 2017 2:58 PM MST