Active Now

Element 99
Danilo_G
Discussion » Questions » Television and Movies » Are you looking forward to watching the Oscars tonight?

Are you looking forward to watching the Oscars tonight?

1. Are you one of those people who dresses up and throws Oscar parties?  
2. Do you sit around in your wife beater t-shirt with popcorn and beer?
3. Do you set your DVR and catch up with it tomorrow?
4. Do you ignore the whole thing and watch a repeat of one of your favorite shows?

The majority of people I know seem to always be excited for the Oscars.  They can't wait to see who shows up, what they are wearing, and of course, what will be said by both the host, the presenters, & the winners. There seems to be a lot of speculation as to whether this will be a platform for celebrities to make political speeches.  Do you want to hear celebrities talk politics or would you rather they stick to the usual thank yous so you can escape for a little while from your every day life?

I'm going to DVR it so I can avoid the commercials & anything I find annoying or objectionable.  I only watch it so I can see if any of my favorite pictures or actors/actresses have won along with the capability to talk with knowledge to my friends who are die hard fans of this stuff.  Frankly, actors talking politics and not being politically active themselves bores & annoys me.  I prefer to spend my time sitting around in my nightshirt & cap, drinking a hot toddy, eating popcorn & watching The Walking Dead & Talking Dead. You?

Posted - February 26, 2017

Responses

• I haven't watched the Oscar's in years now. I think the whole thing is rigged as I've seen movies that were great get snubbed at the Oscars. Actors and actresses also! Like John Wayne who should have won an Oscar for the movie : The Searchers. But they finally honored him in True Grit. No, I don't waste my time watching all these over paid people prance around. Some of the movies that won Best Picture were some of the most boring movies I ever saw. I'll pass, Harry.
      February 26, 2017 7:42 AM MST

I pretty much feel the same way but I have some very elderly relatives still living & friends who want to talk about it with me.  Since we are always looking for something new to talk about (especially the elderly relatives) I make sure I know something about it.      
      February 26, 2017 7:54 AM MST

• And whats up with movies nominated that havent been released? More needless glory for an already overglorified profession. 
      February 26, 2017 7:56 AM MST

Thank you for that comment!  Between all the entertainment awards shows, I don't know how anyone has the time to actually do their jobs.
      February 26, 2017 8:48 AM MST

No interest whatsoever, not even curiosity. 
    ~
      February 26, 2017 7:51 AM MST

Randy, you mean to tell me that you don't enjoy seeing who is wearing who?  I'm shocked & flabbergasted.  
      February 26, 2017 7:56 AM MST

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
    ~
      February 26, 2017 8:13 PM MST

• Is that tonight? Geez, I had a sock drawer to rearrange and the garage floor needs repainting. Not sure if I can squeeze it in. 
      February 26, 2017 7:54 AM MST

Well, I do understand that.  After all, priorities are priorities for a reason.
      February 26, 2017 7:57 AM MST

• Haven't watched them in the last three decades or so. I will go online tomorrow and look up the worst dressed though. :)
      February 26, 2017 8:53 AM MST

I can tell you that now.  Pretty much all of them.  
      February 26, 2017 9:12 AM MST

Unfortunately, it's become a contest to see who can dress the most like a whore, a bid to boost one's fame and one's name recognition and the profits that can be garnered from it.  Worse than that, it works.

:| This post was edited by Randy D at February 27, 2017 4:16 AM MST
      February 26, 2017 9:44 AM MST

• That and it's become too political. I feel that's not the time or place for political speeches. 
      February 27, 2017 4:17 AM MST

Absolutely!
    ~
      February 27, 2017 5:14 AM MST

• Yeah, I agree. :p
      February 27, 2017 4:16 AM MST

Ditto what Rooster said.
      February 26, 2017 9:45 AM MST

I never watch it
    even when TV was working
    dead now...
      February 26, 2017 10:27 AM MST

I think you can watch it online.  But, I won't force you if you don't wanna. ;-) 
      February 26, 2017 10:31 AM MST

Thank you...LOL
      February 26, 2017 10:38 AM MST