Active Now

Danilo_G
Element 99
Discussion » Questions » Business » "Rachel Dolezal, white woman who identifies as black, now jobless, may soon be homeless after outed not long ago by a local news crew."

"Rachel Dolezal, white woman who identifies as black, now jobless, may soon be homeless after outed not long ago by a local news crew."

Not only was she terminated for not adhering to accepted classification before being hired, she has not been able to find work since with few to tell her story. So as open minded and tolerant as you think you are don't YOU still have a long way to go?

Posted - February 26, 2017

Responses

Something is so seriously wrong with that woman. She lied on an application and she should accept responsibility, but that asking way too much of her.
      February 28, 2017 7:41 AM MST

No, but she shouldn't be so condemned. Bill Clinton lied about getting a blowjob NOT from his wife, in official testimony, and kept his job. This post was edited by O-uknow at February 28, 2017 8:53 PM MST
      February 28, 2017 8:52 PM MST

I don't know how old you are or if you remember that circus but I certainly remember it.  Clinton WAS condemned for his lying. It was the lead story in the news for months.  It was a very public and embarrassing process for him, his family, Lewinsky, & Tripp.  He was investigated thoroughly, and was put through the impeachment process.  He kept his job solely due to the majority votes cast by the sitting Congress at the time.  That entire debacle cost the taxpayers an estimated $70 - 80 million.  
      March 1, 2017 5:27 AM MST

On a related topic ... when faced with the EEO question on previous job applications, I always selected "Native American".  Just because "native" means I was born here.  >  Since they changed that option, now I select "Two or more races".  Just because 99.9% of people are not "pure blood" of any ethnicity.
      February 28, 2017 8:21 AM MST