Active Now

Slartibartfast
Discussion » Questions » Communication » Responding to a question might be amusing but if it doesn't ANSWER the question it isn't helpful. I like helpful. Are you?

Responding to a question might be amusing but if it doesn't ANSWER the question it isn't helpful. I like helpful. Are you?

Posted - February 27, 2017

Responses

Trump worded his statement very poorly. He was talking about the report he has seen on Tucker Carson Tonight about the increase of crime in Sweden.  
    As I said the police chief's in Sweden confirm it. The numbers from Sweden confirm it. (There is an increase looking only Sweden's numbers without comparing...yes a change in recording likely accounts for a jump in the year the change took place but there is still a steady increase over the time) 
    If you would like to drop it...please do.
      February 27, 2017 8:02 AM MST

Yada yada yada. Excuses on excuses for what he and his administration made of bad bad mistakes when speaking. For some who is as critical towards media claiming them lying he should do a way better job than he does. I would expect any decent person could acknowledge this. I am truly shocked by how you're eating by his hand, compared to how you made yourself appear as one of his biggest watchdogs should he win election. Guess it all was empty words back then. Now, please let me leave this thread, or do you try to see if you can make me lose my temper? You won't succeed if that's your aim. One more time, and again hopefully the last time: bye.
      February 27, 2017 8:09 AM MST

As I have said there are things President Trump says and does that I don't like.... I think they are a distraction...he doesn't make himself as clear as he should when he speaks. 
    They all misspeak. It happens. 
    As I said in October, I still say now it is about policy and on policy he is batting 90%.....if he goes back on his promises then yes President Trump will loose my support but so far that is not the case. We just have to get Congress to do their job. 

I desire to make no one mad. I just state my positions. 
      February 27, 2017 8:20 AM MST

If you believe this... Whatever... Bye.
      February 27, 2017 8:22 AM MST

Of course it is what I believe.
    Bye.... This post was edited by my2cents at February 27, 2017 8:26 AM MST
      February 27, 2017 8:25 AM MST

Some don't care if they're helpful or not. They just want to flap their gums and ridicule questions. 
      February 27, 2017 4:17 AM MST

I've noticed that PC. It is always the same "usual suspects" who need attention and kidnap a question to use as a platform for their ranting riffs, always politically partisan of course. They can't stay away from the questions and they are incapable of responding to them but that doesn't stop them. SIGH. It's one of the aspects of asking questions I can't control. I ask, they respond, and off we go! Thank you for your reply and Happy Monday! :)
      February 27, 2017 4:57 AM MST

I answer a question to my best abilities. Goes for serious as silly questions, and all those in between. I do reply to them how I see them, and put into them what I feel is right, and with integrity to my own person. An OP doesn't always value my responses as they won't necessarily give them the answer they hoped for. At times questions are leading, but if I don't buy in on the premises I will give it my own angle, but still within the topic. You might say, I try to open the question from its leading formulation. I do however stay sincere all the way, as long as the OP allows me this.
      February 27, 2017 4:30 AM MST

OP? Vass is diss?  I enjoy warmhearted humour SH. As long as it kind, civil and truthful I'm fine with it.When I ask about the latest unbelievably dumbly stupid/dangerous affront of The Donald and I get a rant about how terrible Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton is I turn off.  The answer has ZERO to do with the question. They are time wasters. They clearly can't remain true to their partisan political persuasion by answering so they reconfigure the question to give the answer they want. How useful is that? Guess.   Thank you for your reply! :)
      February 27, 2017 5:05 AM MST

I'm talking about myself, not what others do. I know I am sincere and have my own integrity. I have my opinions on others but keep them out of the questions I ask here, although I have been accused attacking you personally with some of my questions, by one of your friends who now is a former friend to me. I tell people directly if I have an issue with them, as I did with that former friend. I gave them an opportunity to get straight with whatever bad blood we had between us, but they chose to ignore my PM out of whatever reasons. See, I don't make questions about their behavior, I ignore to my best. It's all I can do here, to stay as a good member of this community. I have way back tried the other way around, making sophisticated and masked questions that primarily was about someone who I didn't get along with but it isn't a progressive way, luckily a good friend of mine who unfortunately isn't active on the site any longer made me aware about this. She managed to open my eyes.

As for the thing getting into political questions to compare one question with what another politician did, won't make any explanation if you ask me. If one sheep is running across the road with heavy traffic, do we tell the rest of the sheep to follow the former? Nah, wouldn't make much sense. At least in my opinion. I will tell them and close the thread from my side. Unfortunately we get a lot of this from any side inside political questions, which is why I find them very little constructive and mostly a waste of time on a site like this one. There is no will from either side to truly understand each other, from a standpoint of where the other is coming from. Same goes in most of religious discussions, as a side remark. I am political and I have opinions and that's why I from time to time do jump inside anyway although I by my full senses know this will end in a lot of frustrations from my side and be a reminder of why I tend to stay out of them here.

As for OP: Original Poster. I used PM above in my reply, that will be Personal Message shouldn't you be aware of this one. This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at February 27, 2017 6:38 AM MST
      February 27, 2017 5:29 AM MST

RosieG

I normally try to give a direct answer to a question (even to those askers who I know are baiting or trolling) but I do have my days where I travel down the indirect road. I try not too but it happens on occasion. Are my answers helpful? I have no idea unless someone tells me they are. This post was edited by Rufus Clancy at February 27, 2017 8:57 AM MST
      February 27, 2017 8:56 AM MST

i try to be
      February 27, 2017 9:45 AM MST