Active Now

Malizz
CosmicWunderkind
Discussion » Questions » Emotions » Which emotion have you personally experienced most intensely? When and for how long? Can you share why?

Which emotion have you personally experienced most intensely? When and for how long? Can you share why?

Posted - February 27, 2017

Responses

Anger for a sustained period of time and I don't really want to go into specifics anymore. It's been 15 years and some of you have heard it enough times already.
      February 27, 2017 7:12 AM MST

• Yes, I recall from Blurt...but hard to imagine anything more difficult that what you endured.
      February 27, 2017 8:52 AM MST

• Probably fright and horror! Almost nine years in a war zone and being scared 24/7 should count as extreme emotions. The things I saw and experienced live inside me to this day. I feel deeply for these young men and women going in harm's way. Very intense to live like that for so long and probably why I'm such a jokester today.
      February 27, 2017 7:19 AM MST

• Dear RosieG,

For me, that would be anger.

I even recall the first times of really feeling anger, in my twenties...felt SO good...a relief from my childhood conviction there HAD to be something really, really wrong with me. Gradually realizing "Wait a minute, maybe all these aggressive folks are not as perfect as I have always assumed!"

Eventually I got tired of the anger, encountered Buddhist (and other) thought, found ways to address the anger and come to more peaceful life.

February 27, 2017 8:51 AM MST

more confused than anything else about everything
      February 27, 2017 9:22 AM MST