Active Now

Danilo_G
Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Outside the Mug » Should soldiers in fields related to covert ops tell their families that heaven forbid anything should happen to them not much will

Should soldiers in fields related to covert ops tell their families that heaven forbid anything should happen to them not much will

be explained?

Posted - February 27, 2017

Responses

• No, they shouldn't. Having some experience in this, I can say that you say nothing to anyone at any time! Their families will never be told what exactly happened as it's not for the public to know. One reason most are called "Black Ops". They'll get full military honors if it's a military mission but agency honors are quite different. That's the way it is when you sign up for these type of operations. They're covert for a reason.
      February 27, 2017 7:26 AM MST

i dont think so
      February 27, 2017 8:56 AM MST

• Yes, "covert". 
      February 27, 2017 2:37 PM MST

• "No" ... they shouldn't tell anybody. That is made perfectly clear when they take the assignment.
      February 27, 2017 2:51 PM MST

• Exactly!
      February 27, 2017 2:52 PM MST

• And then your Mother says, "Well, if you're not going to tell me, then I guess you just don't love me anymore."
      February 27, 2017 2:58 PM MST

• Most parents know that they won't be told. It's part of the job.
      February 27, 2017 2:59 PM MST

• I suppose that's true for service men. My experience was in non-military positions.
      February 27, 2017 3:06 PM MST