Active Now

Element 99
Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Family » Has your biological parent ever married anyone whom YOU did not consider to be your stepparent?

Has your biological parent ever married anyone whom YOU did not consider to be your stepparent?

For instance, you disapproved of the marriage, or you and the new spouse did not get along with each other, or you were no longer a minor when the marriage took place, etc. 

~

Posted - February 27, 2017

Responses

I always sort have wished one or both my parents would have remarried.  They both went and did their own thing with the dating scene and we were left alone at home most of the time.  My dad raised us and always dated women that wanted little to do with us as a family.  
      February 27, 2017 10:16 AM MST

• That sucks PeaPod.
    When I was.little, I supposed about eight years old.
    I was a very vary vary religious kid.
    I was one of those precocious kids up in the.pulpit stretching my arm out to the congregation and yelling to no one in particular...REPENT!!...
    So I made a card that I carried with me just in case I died early. The.card was a.card to God saying that since I had died early.and my childhood was so crappie, I thought that he should give me another chance at it.
    Wouldn't that be awesome? If we could get another crack at it?
      February 27, 2017 12:38 PM MST

I have my moments where I look back and think a bit of it was totally unfair.  There was a lot of pain in my family that still affects some of us to this day.  

I do think my hardships have given me compassion I may not have had otherwise.  I would like to believe my life hasn't been a waste at all.

I am sad though that I was such a late bloomer.  I had little sense of worth until I got well into my adult years.

Hugs to you Lago.  I do get it.
      February 27, 2017 1:00 PM MST

Step parents don't happen because of a marriage; they happen because of a real parent dying and the living parent remarrying and the new wife or husband assuming the role of mother or father.  Otherwise, dad's new wife is just dad's wife and mom's new husband is just mom's husband.   
      February 27, 2017 11:32 AM MST

• I may not be answering your question per se, but, this is my comment ...
    I remember the first time My father (step father) introduced my to his family. I was standing next to his five three inches frame with my own six feet three one.
    I was very tall next to him, and because of some training I was doing then, I was very muscular. 
    We couldn't have been any more different.
    Well, he turned to his brother and said; this is my son Junior.
    I never felt so proud of being called that. 
    He was short, and uneducated, and religious, and conservative up to his tits.
    But I loved that man.
    That's my experience with step dads.
    Sorry if I deviated from your qiestion, Randy. This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at February 27, 2017 12:28 PM MST
      February 27, 2017 12:25 PM MST

Great post Lago!  It's nice to hear from someone who had a great relationship with a step-parent.
      February 27, 2017 12:29 PM MST

• He died, I couldn't make it.
    That sucks for me.
    Always.
      February 27, 2017 12:40 PM MST

I'm sorry.  
      February 27, 2017 12:45 PM MST

• Yea, he.was a simple man. He had a.garage and fixed and painted cars. Sometkmes people would have.problems paying and he'd just wave them of with a don't worry about it.
    He never, not one time, ever, talked to me in anger. Ever.
    That's how I.wanted.to be.with my.kids.but.have.failled miserably.
    Thanks.Harry
      February 27, 2017 1:51 PM MST

• "Yes" ... my Father remarried twice, after divorcing my Mother.  The first one I liked and the second one ... I never met.
      February 27, 2017 12:45 PM MST

Yes, I always called her "your thing" and it made both my dad and her mad. Kind of hard to consider someone a parent when you only met them once, briefly, before the marriage and they were abusive in many ways. Oh, the stories I have on that one.
      February 27, 2017 11:03 PM MST