Active Now

Malizz
Shuhak
Discussion » Questions » Politics » How do you spell Yemen?? I spell it, BENGHAZI...

How do you spell Yemen?? I spell it, BENGHAZI...

Hello:

No matter how much Trump LIES, his raid into Yemen was an absolute FAILURE.  A decorated Navy Seal lost his life, and Trump COVERS UP..

excon

Posted - February 27, 2017

Responses

I'v been wondering if Trumps Generals advised him that the operation was too risky but he still gave the order to proceed. Also what do you think about him not being in the situation room to monitor the operation. Cheers!
      February 27, 2017 10:18 AM MST

After careful consideration, Obama decided not to proceed with the mission. His caution was appropriate for a president.

Trump, during a dinner with his cronies, decided to go ahead with the mission not understanding very much about what was involved. He thought he would come out of it as a hero and be seen as a decisive president. As usual, his lack of mental judgment betrayed him.

His shot at easy glory resulted in a dead American soldier, four Americans wounded, children and non-combatant civilians killed, loss of a 75 million dollar aircraft, and zilch intelligence.

He had the gall to proclaim it a "success" initially. Now he's not saying a word about it. The father of the killed American has refused to meet with Trump, blaming Trump for the unnecessary death of his son - a Chief Petty Officer Seal.

Trump is a dangerous fool and not fit to be president.  

February 27, 2017 10:48 AM MST

I was so happy to read that this Chief Petty Officer's father would not meet with Trump. 
      February 27, 2017 12:38 PM MST

There is no comparison. The death of a soldier in an operation can't be compared to the death of civilians who were meant to be protected.

Benghazi was a big scandal because the ambassador and his staff were meant to be safe and the normal procedure to provide security failed, due to corruption or gross incompetence.

Yemen is not the same because everyone knows that soldiers running an op are in harms way.

Whether the mission was a success or failure is neither here nor there. Special ops are high risk. Sometimes they go bad. Soldiers know the risks.

This post was edited by Zeitgeist at February 27, 2017 2:57 PM MST
      February 27, 2017 12:50 PM MST