Active Now

Malizz
Chief Ten Beers
Discussion » Questions » Politics » I'm a simple man.. To me, there's only TWO kinds of health insurance: (1) The ones that pay for EVERYTHING, and (2) ALL the rest..

I'm a simple man.. To me, there's only TWO kinds of health insurance: (1) The ones that pay for EVERYTHING, and (2) ALL the rest..

Hello:

After all, if it's NOT gonna pay for EVERYTHING, why have it, and WHO would buy it?  Clearly, if your policy WON'T pay for everything, you're gonna DIE in the street??

Look..  Would you be happy with a fire department that WON'T put out a fire in your garage?  Or one that wouldn't put out the fire because you didn't pay your taxes??

I'd be HAPPY to be wrong, if you'll just SHOW me how I am..

excon

Posted - February 27, 2017

Responses

I think partial insurance still has value. 

Some people can't afford comprehensive cover. Some people can afford it but would rather take the risk of being uncovered for serious illness and have more money to invest in building their future or enjoying a higher standard of living.

Ultimately we all die and must eventually make our peace with it. 

As technology advances we will eventually reach a time when virtually anything can fixed and it's possible to live to 200. Though it might cost 10 million dollars to get fixed. Only the richest will be able to afford it. Virtually everyone will have partial cover. Who wants to spend their entire life working their ass off and living in poverty in order to put all their resources into living longer? It's better to just live and accept your destiny. This post was edited by Zeitgeist at February 27, 2017 11:49 AM MST
      February 27, 2017 11:24 AM MST

• Hi... and agree with your frustration ..
    Top Mr the underlying principle is that insurance companies are there to make a profit for their owners... that is their first principle .... we had an enquiry Dian Bette a while back into the insurance industry... the final report could be summed up in the judges phrase .. if any insurance company ever lauds up its because they choose to, not because they have to .... depressing isn't it!
      February 27, 2017 11:45 AM MST