Discussion » Questions » Science and Technology » If TIME is an illusion than everything that exists within time must be illusory too. What exists outside of time?

If TIME is an illusion than everything that exists within time must be illusory too. What exists outside of time?

Posted - February 27, 2017

Responses

• Dear RosieG,

I been watching lots of great stuff on YouTube, 'bout Time!
    Yes I decided in 1998 that time was an illusion, created by us, it's a participatory universe...since then been working on your Q, What Exists Outside Time?

Well first of all, I THINK I got from Brother Stephen Hawking that the cosmos itself adds up to a big zero; that if you sum all the particles and anti-particles, the energy and anti-energy, it all cancels itself out, and nothing is REALLY here at all...

Okay (cough, shifts nervously), what I think prolly does exist outside of time...wait for it...it's...

CONSCIOUSNESS
      February 27, 2017 2:10 PM MST

You might have gathered I'm a quantum physics phan M'dear. It appears you may be as well! So shall we move forward discussing string theory and black holes and time travel and how we can arrive at the theory of everything which combines the elusively difficult properties of gravity and the definition of TIME? I'd love it! Thank you for your really great responsive answer and Happy Monday Virginia L!)
      February 27, 2017 2:36 PM MST

Some say "Time is something man invented to keep himself sane"  There is no way to prove that anything other than this instant exists, and the past is just dreamed up in your mind.
      February 27, 2017 2:21 PM MST

Precisely Maurice. Exactamundo. We may all be the results of one another's imagination!  There's a scary thought. Who in his/her right mind would imagine a Donald J. Trump? Thank you for your reply and Happy Monday! :)
      February 27, 2017 2:37 PM MST

We are not the result of one another's imaginations, you are all the result of my imagination, for I have no way to prove anything but my consciousness exists
      February 27, 2017 2:47 PM MST

Cogito ergo sum. Je pense donc je suis. Thank you for your reply Maurice. Of course I have no way of "KNOWING" whether or not what you say is true. It is all conjecture. Happy Tuesday! :)
      February 28, 2017 3:06 AM MST