Active Now

Element 99
Malizz
Slartibartfast
Discussion » Questions » Science and Technology » Relativity of simultaneity . Does the past, present, future occur simultaneously or sequentially? Or is al lillusion?

Relativity of simultaneity . Does the past, present, future occur simultaneously or sequentially? Or is al lillusion?

Posted - February 27, 2017

Responses

It's like a puff of smoke that is constantly evaporating, moving and changing until it is no more. 
      February 27, 2017 1:39 PM MST

Very nice Star. I like your response a lot. Thank you for your reply and Happy Monday! :) I can see that very clearly in my mind's eye. :)
      February 27, 2017 2:45 PM MST

• Dear RosieG,
    Well Dozy has me a little worried that it might be kinda rude or thoughtless to be posting somebody else's quotes alla time...but your Q just seems to cry for a dose of Einstein here...

"People like us who believe in physics know that the distinction between the past, the present and the future is only a stubbornly persistent illusion."

February 27, 2017 2:30 PM MST

As long as you give it attribution it is perfectly fine Virginia. It's when you don't and pretend it's your own that's really not so hot. That's called plagiarism and it brands the plagiarist untrustworthy! Such folks are not my cuppa tea. So far you seem to be. Thank you for your reply! Oh. My mother's name is Virginia. She passed away years ago so I have a particular fondness for Virginias. I thought full disclosure would be appropriate here! Thank you for your reply! :)
      February 27, 2017 2:43 PM MST

• Did I say that? 
      February 27, 2017 4:32 PM MST

• Well...no...but you did kinda apologize for using quotes, so I just expanded on that, making it sound good!

Dozy, here is what you actually said...an' I been going wild with it ever since...maybe I will tone down just a tiny bit...
    "I hate answering questions only by quoting somebody else but in this case I'm gonna plead the Fifth and quote anyway."

http://answermug.com/forums/topic/23491/gently-brother-sister-gently-pray-will-you-come-to-an-athei

This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at February 27, 2017 4:56 PM MST
      February 27, 2017 4:39 PM MST