Discussion » Questions » Politics » Trump's administration must have the respect of a diseased billy goat...

Trump's administration must have the respect of a diseased billy goat...

Kellyanne Conway was seen in a photo sitting on her legs on a couch in the Oval Office with her feet behind her during a meeting of Trump and the leaders of historically black universities. Nevermind that a few moments later she was seen trying to get a better angle for a photo of the leaders and Trump together. It must be because she is racist that she sits on a couch during this meeting, right? Shouldn't we get rid of them all and hold a special election immediately!? 

Posted - February 28, 2017

Responses

Not very professional to say the least.  But then again, is anything about this administration to be admired?
      February 28, 2017 9:56 AM MST

• Alright, I'll accept that one, but would you also say the same for former President Obama? He has a multitude of pictures of him sitting in relaxed positions with his feet propped up all over different peices of furniture during meetings. That isn't exactly professional either.
      February 28, 2017 10:07 AM MST

I will fully admit to not liking the present administration, so any picture of them in comparison to the last one will not have the same impact.
      February 28, 2017 10:14 AM MST

• Fair enough, my friend.
      February 28, 2017 10:38 AM MST

I'm not a proponent of putting your feet up on any furniture.  However, Obama's meeting was clearly relaxed and was with his own staff.  I doubt he would have done that if the attendees were from an outside group.  Also, it was Obama's office.  Kellyanne Conway's behavior was inappropriate under ANY circumstances, and doubly so because it was a meeting with non-staff members.  It was disrespectful all the way around. 

February 28, 2017 11:03 AM MST

• But the desk was one of historic value, something to be treasured for future Presidents to enjoy. It wasn't Obama's desk it belongs to the White House, it was very disrespectful of him to treat an antique that way.

I do agree with you about Conway's behaviour, she should be fired immediately.

February 28, 2017 9:52 PM MST

Did you look at the other pictures I posted?  Obama wasn't the first to do this and he certainly won't be the last.  

I tried finding photos of FDR doing it but for some reason he always looks like he is purposefully posed sitting in a very proper way. I don't understand it. :-p
      March 1, 2017 4:45 AM MST

Good point Harry:))))))) This post was edited by Beans/SilentGeneration at March 1, 2017 7:31 AM MST
      March 1, 2017 6:50 AM MST

• I did see the pictures and I find all of the Presidents disrespectful of the antique furniture they are privileged to use for a short time.  The desk in the oval office was a gift from Queen Victoria in 1880, it was made from oak timbers from the British ship Resolute. 

We were house hunting in England and looked at a thatched roof cottage that was 400 years old, the owner said to us that you never really own a house like that you just take care of it for the next owner and this applies to the antique furniture in the White House.  It is part of the history of the US the President does not own it and it should be treated with respect and care to be there in good shape for future Presidents.
      March 6, 2017 1:40 PM MST

I absolutely agree with you on that point.  The reason I responded as I did was that you focused solely on Obama as the only disrespectful one.  

I have to respectfully disagree with both you and SpunkySenior regarding firing Conway.  Although I don't like her and I don't like seeing anyone with their feet up on furniture, she was attempting to position herself so she could take a photo of the entire group.  The couch happened to be in the way.  So, she is guilty of poor judgement (as usual for her), nothing else.  Not a firing offense IMHO.
      March 6, 2017 3:30 PM MST

I agree with you on both counts.
      March 1, 2017 10:05 AM MST

But look at the shine on those shoes.  I wonder who buffs them.

Seriously, as someone who tries to stand on my feet all day ... even with a cushion insert, his feet would be killing him.  I don't blame him for relaxing a bit.  At least he kept his shoes on.  :)

February 28, 2017 11:05 AM MST

As long as her mouth is closed, it's all good.

Corey, please promise me if you find any photos of her running around in her birthday suit you WON'T post them.  I have enough trouble with my eyesight.  I don't want to experience hysterical blindness.  I need to be able to walk the dog.
      February 28, 2017 10:49 AM MST

Does this look proper for a lady in the oval office in a dress..that's the question? 

Comparing Obama or the many different POTUS with their feet on their desk (IMO) is in another league.
      February 28, 2017 10:58 AM MST

Well I think that's mighty kind of you to call her a lady.  

NOTHING that woman does or says surprises me anymore.

February 28, 2017 11:04 AM MST

Your point is well taken, Harry.
      February 28, 2017 11:07 AM MST

I don't care. I don't think she was supposed to be in the picture. 
    I also don't care that Obama did it too. 
      February 28, 2017 11:02 AM MST

Well, it's just as American as apple pie!

OOPS!  How did that one get in there?

February 28, 2017 11:17 AM MST

OOPS!..LoL.
      February 28, 2017 11:49 AM MST

• If you're referring to the desk it's not American it's an antique British desk.
      March 6, 2017 1:43 PM MST

Not sure how you missed it but I'll explain. I was referring to the original post & subsequent posts regarding feet up on the furniture.
      March 6, 2017 3:05 PM MST

• It's not a good look... as others have pointed out Obama  did it in his office with his shoes on...along with many others ... she on the other hand to me at least is being disrespectful  of these heads of state
      February 28, 2017 1:14 PM MST

She's not even in slacks.  Not a good look at all.
      February 28, 2017 1:16 PM MST

• Burn the witch, Corey!  ( I see what you did there ;) ) 

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=yI2oS2hoL0k

February 28, 2017 6:40 PM MST