Active Now

Danilo_G
Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Politics » Does Donald Trump say "Believe Me" more often than other politicians ?

Does Donald Trump say "Believe Me" more often than other politicians ?

Does Donald Trump say "Believe Me" more often than other politicians ?

This should be a quantifiable issue that can be objectively investigated.

Once that have been determined we can move on to secondary issues like "Why does he do that?" or "Why does he not do that ?".

Posted - February 28, 2017

Responses

It certainly seems that way to me...

Probably because what he is saying is so far from the truth tht he wants people who are listening in the first place not to think, but rather just to trust him rather than themselves....

And since in his own world previously he always had the final decision, I would suspect "Believe me" was the way he indicated that a meeting with his subordinates (anybody but him or Fox news, I guess) was over.
      February 28, 2017 12:05 PM MST

His conversations are always lavishly sprinkled with outrageous proclamations.  I don't believe him because he has no concept of reality.  Every utterance is meant to show he's the best, knows the most, is the most intelligent, etc.  He's going to need rotator cuff surgery if he keeps patting himself on the back. 
      February 28, 2017 12:58 PM MST

Rotator cuff surgery..that's a GOOD one SS, I'm still laughing.
      February 28, 2017 4:31 PM MST

-Believe me
    -Trust me
    -I know more than anyone else
    -I won the election you know.
    -Look at the crowds that worship me.
    - Don't believe the media, all Fake news
    -I'll tell you what you need to know
    and what you should think.

...Yeah man
    He's the most_________ _______there is.
      February 28, 2017 6:16 PM MST

I think it's because he's not even certain of his own existence so he wants to shift the burden of proof on us, he wants us to prove to him he actually exists.
      February 28, 2017 9:30 PM MST

I haven't actually counted, but I would guess that he does.
      March 1, 2017 7:57 AM MST

To be completely honest, that's not a phrase I believe I've ever heard before from a politician.  They avoid it because it's usage signals that you are covering something.
      March 4, 2017 6:07 PM MST

That certainly is true in his case.
      March 4, 2017 6:17 PM MST