Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Communication » You ask a question based on pure imagination and you're accused of FAKE NEWS!. Imagination is never fake. Why can't folks recognize it?

You ask a question based on pure imagination and you're accused of FAKE NEWS!. Imagination is never fake. Why can't folks recognize it?

Posted - February 28, 2017

Responses

• I don't know what the intent of the first part of your question is, but imagination is a lot of times fake. I pretend I am making the final shot of the NCAA basketball Tournament. I have an imaginary friend. This stick I have I say is a gun.   I sing and pretend I am a rock star. All of that is imagined and just as fake as can be except in my mind.
      February 28, 2017 1:24 PM MST

I totally disagree with you. What you imagine is always PRETEND! That is the point. I can IMAGINE I am a world-class opera star. It exists only in my imagination and therefore is totally true. Not IN FACT. IN another place and time of my creation. So we disagree? So what? If you  imagine reality then it isn't imagination at all. Thank you for your reply Swoop and Happy Wednesday. So here comes a questtion.
      March 1, 2017 4:39 AM MST

• How do you imagine reality? if its is reality then it is not imaginary. Sure you can imagine what you hope to be or think could become reality but in itself it is not real. So what is the point?
      March 1, 2017 5:48 AM MST

good
      March 1, 2017 5:45 PM MST

• Ahh that new buzz word... fake news.. I thought it was pretty much established that that's what people say when they cannot bear to deal with the truth.. as in they accuse everything they cannot bear to accept as reality - fake news.
      February 28, 2017 3:49 PM MST

It's also what they say when they don't have a clue what the question is about. SIGH. Thank you for your reply DdbTD and Happy Wednesday to thee! :)
      March 1, 2017 4:40 AM MST

Trump has to have something to deflect his actions,ie, I didn't say that why that's just FAKE NEWS

March 1, 2017 3:56 AM MST

• I saw the question in question, and it looked like you were stating fact. We had no indication that it was imaginary. 
      March 1, 2017 4:07 AM MST

SERIOUSLY? If that is true then I shall have to be more careful how I state things. Perhaps preface the question with "THIS IS PURE IMAGINATION, NOT A STATEMENT OF FACT." I can do that. I didn't think I had to but I can do that. Thank you for your reply Karen and Happy Wednesday. I guess I give folks too much credit. I shouldn't assume so much. I  will lower my expectations and act accordingly. :(
      March 1, 2017 4:36 AM MST

• Rosie, people can't read your mind here. You know what you're talking about, but others don't, especially when the question is written like a statement of fact with no indicators that it's not. In a face to face conversation, people can know if you are serious or playing, in a written statement on a website, none of that comes through as clearly. Questions about Trump cause inflammatory reactions from BOTH sides to begin with. Fake News is the new catch-phrase used by, again, BOTH sides. Some things that I wrote in jest have been taken seriously, both on here and on AB. Some even started huge arguments, even after I said I was joking. Some people are way too serious about things, especially politics. 
      March 1, 2017 4:50 AM MST