Active Now

WelbyQuentin
Malizz
Discussion » Questions » answerMug Members » How did you choose your avatar?

How did you choose your avatar?

Does it reflect who you are? How did it develop? Have you used it on another site? 

Posted - February 28, 2017

Responses

Oh. explained my thoughts, or reasons behind it inside one of your other avatar questions (the last one which was the first one for me to answer, makes sense). Anyway, yes it does reflect me in some ways. I have never used this one on any other site. I have with some of my themed ones (the Christmas one I used on EP too during the December month).
      March 1, 2017 2:30 AM MST

• I also use the occasional seasonal pic. They make a change.
      March 1, 2017 4:16 AM MST

They do. But I had a couple of friends who asked me when I was going to put my old one (this one) on again as it's me in their eyes. :-)
      March 1, 2017 6:54 AM MST

• That's who you are to me, too, S. It suits you -- seems to mirror your personality.
      March 1, 2017 12:59 PM MST

Aww. Thank you angel. Warms my heart. :-)
      March 1, 2017 1:54 PM MST

• For me ... one of the things that I've noticed about avatars is by the time you down-size a picture so that it's small enough to use as an avatar, it can become difficult to make out what it is. So that became a priority. Choosing a "dime-sized" picture of something that was still recognizable. After much photo editing, cropping, etc., I chose what you see.

In regard to subject matter, I would like to believe that reflects a small part of me .... ill-mannered, but adorable: callous, but charming: annoying, but witty: repulsive, but cute: and just generally perfect, but humble about it. :)

Have I used it on another site?  "No."  .... and now you know the rest of the story.

March 1, 2017 4:44 AM MST

• That downsizing can be a big problem. I often go to a user's profile page to get a decent look at the picture if it's interesting. My eyes aren't good enough to make out some of the small pictures.
      March 1, 2017 1:01 PM MST

As I said, it is a selfie, albeit changed to black and white. Incidentally, Harry is the makers name for the style of sunglasses I am wearing in the photo. The Demon part came when I was on EP and I saw a posting from a girl which said that demons were real.
      March 1, 2017 7:44 AM MST

• Of course demons are real. My friend Hippy could tell you that. He was married to one. 
      March 1, 2017 1:01 PM MST

My last avatar was a selfie of me but I took it at an angle so my hair covered up my face because I'm kind of shy but I thought that since that avatar was five years old I should pick a new one but since I'm still kind of shy I just picked China Girl because I was told the character has my personality.
      March 1, 2017 3:08 PM MST