Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Random Knowledge » I am an object summed up as representing "from the darkness of servitude, through bloody battles, to the golden light of freedom" What am I?

I am an object summed up as representing "from the darkness of servitude, through bloody battles, to the golden light of freedom" What am I?

Posted - March 2, 2017

Responses

• Kind of sounds like Frederick Douglass or quite a few black slaves. Just guessing though.
      March 2, 2017 8:47 AM MST

• True,  but nope.
      March 2, 2017 9:25 AM MST

•   March 2, 2017 8:54 AM MST

• Nope.
      March 2, 2017 9:25 AM MST

• Yeah, the servitude part didn't fit.
      March 2, 2017 9:31 AM MST

• Dear Glis,

Well I had to Google this, but it is fascinating...the tricolor flag of Germany!

Designed way back in 1832 and used during the revolution in 1848, it only became official in 1949. 

“Out of the blackness of servitude, through bloody battles, to the golden light of freedom.”

The blackness of servitude is represented by the black at the top horizontal band, red idepicts the bloody battles and the gold represents the golden light of freedom.

This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at March 2, 2017 9:35 AM MST
      March 2, 2017 9:20 AM MST

• It's not official, but good job.   You got it.
      March 2, 2017 9:28 AM MST

• WW you are brilliant!
    That just opened up a whole 'nother world for me on aMug...now I see where things are...
      March 2, 2017 9:35 AM MST

• JA has done ALL this? 
    She seems like a truly remarkable person.
      March 2, 2017 9:41 AM MST

• For a period the German flag was black, red, and white to represent Prussian unification of the German states(black and white) with the cooperation of the Hanseatic League(red and white.).  Black representing Prussia and Red the Hanseatic league  with the white being unification and commonality.   Gold was  purposely left absent to show the omission of the Austrian monarchy.
      March 2, 2017 10:04 AM MST

• Thanks. 
      March 2, 2017 9:40 AM MST