Discussion » Questions » Politics » Why are people so easily influenced by just one address to Congress?

Why are people so easily influenced by just one address to Congress?

All talk and no action seems to be something the American people accept.

Posted - March 2, 2017

Responses

JEEZ!!It sucks to be human.
      March 2, 2017 9:48 AM MST

I believe that too - Trump is being praised/admired just because he kept a civil tongue during his address to Congress. But I think thats a very low bar to set - a President should always be expected to keep a civil tongue. Cheers!  This post was edited by Nanoose at March 2, 2017 10:40 AM MST
      March 2, 2017 10:25 AM MST

• Isn't congress housed in one location?  Of course it has just one address.
      March 2, 2017 10:16 AM MST

• Agree with others, people have very short memories. Mostly too I think people are sooooo desperate to not fail and suffer hideously under the least qualified prez ever's stupidity that they desperately want to believe in cloud cuckoo land... Those who said, give him a chance - that's the kind of thinking.. blind optimism.. 
      March 2, 2017 11:33 AM MST

• That's exactly what we do, we suck the words up, gobble them in like.blood sausages by the arm full, then, after rolling in them, like a dog on roadkill, we turn them into easily regurgitated catch phrases. All covered is syrup,. . think of the children, im a Christian!, support the troops, . . . You know?. . .something like that.. .  I think. This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at March 2, 2017 5:17 PM MST
      March 2, 2017 5:12 PM MST

• On one hand we criticize Trump for sounding like a clown. . . But then we criticize him when he doesn't?
    What gives?
      March 2, 2017 5:16 PM MST