Active Now

Malizz
Danilo_G
Discussion » Questions » Jobs » How can I learn this new job if I have noone around to train me? managed to get one handing out samples in stores but theyre short staffed.

How can I learn this new job if I have noone around to train me? managed to get one handing out samples in stores but theyre short staffed.

they just dont have enough people around in my area so they might not send out anyone to train me. I couldve used some hands on training. I heard I might be by myself, and yes I've looked at their videos or whatever several times and theres still things I'm confused about. I guess the question is how do I do a good job if I'm still totally confused.  I could really use a job. just dont know how to deal with all this confusion. Im not even sure how to do time cards cause you have to put the receipts on the timecard and I have no idea how to do that. all i know to do is keep the receipts and if i dont find out how to do it when I have to do the time card then I'll just call them . any suggestions? 

Pearl

Posted - March 2, 2017

Responses

Hi Pearl.  All I can think of is, when you are watching the videos and a question pops up, stop the video and write it down on a pad.  Any questions, like the one with the time card, write down on the pad.  When you  think you have all your questions pulled together, call your contact person and ask her to give you a few minutes of her time to explain these things in detail and then, ask your questions.  If you need to write down her response, ask her to bear with you while you write it down because you want to make sure you get it right.

This post was edited by Harry at March 2, 2017 9:50 PM MST
      March 2, 2017 4:05 PM MST

thank you
      March 2, 2017 6:13 PM MST

Harry's right
    very easy
    just do what he said

stop self doubting yourself 

you have everything you need
    within you
    to conquer any situation
     have complete faith in yourself
    peace

March 2, 2017 6:12 PM MST

• Dear Pearl,
    I have a couple of thoughts to add to what Harry and Baba are saying...

1. When you are handing out the samples in the stores, just use your own good sense to handle whatever comes up, just make the best decisions you can.

2. Relax and have fun, you have a "people" job, just enjoy giving out the nice samples to people.

3. If there is someone you can call with questions, do so maybe once each day. Tell them how it went, and ask for pointers.

In my experience, the feeling of confusion does not last very long and soon you will have confidence.
    And I wish you all the very best on your job. <3
      March 2, 2017 10:05 PM MST
  • AG

I had a similar problem with my current job because they didn't have enough people on staff to train me properly. Ended up taking my own initiative and studying the company's website, asking co-workers questions, and telling them what I understood and what I didn't. Getting to know your co-workers goes a long way. Also it does help when you have a supportive person's number or contact details on Messenger. 
      March 3, 2017 7:06 AM MST