Active Now

Chief Ten Beers
Discussion » Questions » Life and Society » Is everything ruined?

Is everything ruined?

#EverythingIsRuined

Posted - March 3, 2017

Responses

you missed the tweet?
    He's gonna fix everything...LOL
      March 3, 2017 7:36 AM MST
  • AG

Definitely not. I mean, you're around. How can anything be ruined when you are here?
      March 3, 2017 8:25 AM MST

• Yes,  we are just trying to polish a soft turd at this point.
      March 3, 2017 8:59 AM MST

Kind of like trying to fix up my house.
      March 3, 2017 10:39 AM MST

• Sorry man.
    How old is this house?   Do you think it was poorly constructed or just had poor maintenance and shotty upgrades by previous owners?
      March 3, 2017 10:41 AM MST

It is from 1950. You know, tract housing for returning WWII veterans. I think it was constructed well enough for the time and probably better than some houses now. But I don't know. Mainly the problem is past shotty upgrades, current unskilled trades people, and everything seems to be "non standard".
      March 3, 2017 2:19 PM MST

• Ahhh,   Yep,  I do.   I grew up in a post war house during the 80's and 90's.

They tend to have been built well but with terrible upgrades that screwed them up.  Now I know where your non-standard issue stems from.  They made a lot of garbage "new wonders"  in the 50's-70's that got installed in homes by homeowners.  Something about that generation liked to cut corners on upgrades too.

Hey just curious.   Your yard have the sunken spot in the middle where they just buried all the scrap from the build?

March 3, 2017 2:32 PM MST

My yard is so bumpy it is hard to tell. It really needs to be dug up and smoothed over. Did they used to bury stuff in the yard? Maybe there is treasure out there.
      March 3, 2017 7:42 PM MST

• Often.  The wood scraps and chit.   It rots and then leaves a depression.
      March 3, 2017 7:49 PM MST