Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Animals (Wild) » Have you ever ridden a horse?

Have you ever ridden a horse?

The rodeo is in town! It makes me think about horses and celebrities that are entertaining. Tell us about you first experience riding a horse, or what an expert you are at riding. 

Posted - March 3, 2017

Responses

• I rode a horse for the first time when I was about 10. I still ride them down by the river when the stables open in Spring. Not an expert but I can hold my own and it's so relaxing! Comes natural. I guess.

March 3, 2017 7:18 AM MST

• Rooster if I EVER meet you, and by some remote chance you DO NOT look like this...I won't recognize you!
      March 3, 2017 2:28 PM MST

as a kid yes
      March 3, 2017 7:31 AM MST

• Yes.   I used to like it but don't get the chance very often nowadays. Not a well trained rider by any means and the first time being on one was very uncomfortable.
    First time I went to a rodeo I was 10 at the oldest.   Watched a bronco rider get thrown and stomped on by the horse for what seemed like ever.  I've always wondered if the could have possibly lived after it.
      March 3, 2017 8:54 AM MST

• Other than pony rides only one time and did not go real well.
      March 3, 2017 8:54 AM MST

One time as a very small child but as I get older and older, I trust horses less and less. Horses are like chimpanzees. You turn your head on them even for a second and they will either spit, fling poop at you or bite you.
      March 3, 2017 8:57 AM MST

• Hi Marguerite the Beloved,
    Her name was Bonnie and she was built like this, although her color was kinda dapple white...
    Maybe 1948, when I was about four; she was a beautiful part of an old-fashioned childhood!

March 3, 2017 9:43 AM MST

• Yeah, I've ridden a horse and I'm lucky to be alive to tell the tale. Let me tell you what happened.

I had never been aboard a horse but one year was asked to ride one as Santa Claus for a street Christmas party. The problem was that the horse had never seen a man in a red suit and I made a bad job of mounting. As soon as I was in the saddle she went straight up into the air and tried to stay there.

I can't say I dismounted but the third time she put all four feet on the ground I dived.

The horse went pig-rooting around the yard, then saw me on the ground and came back to finish me off. Fortunately somebody pulled me clear.

And through all of this, the only person not panicking was my daughter-in-law who kept taking photographs. Unfortunately she cut my head off in all of them but they'd have been fine exhibits at my inquest.

March 3, 2017 12:54 PM MST

When I was a kid at summer camp.
      March 3, 2017 1:42 PM MST

I used to ride all the time when I was much younger.
    I was raised by a cowboy and my dad used to break horses for a living before ww2.
    He taught me how to ride when I was a kid.
      March 3, 2017 2:42 PM MST

I honestly can't remember the first time I rode a horse.  I had a job in HS as a trail guide for the local rent-a-horse stable. 
      March 3, 2017 3:58 PM MST

Nay.......:)p
      March 3, 2017 4:14 PM MST

The last time I rode a horse I was thrown of at a full run.  I was lucky I didn't break my neck.  I never got on a horse again.
      March 3, 2017 8:43 PM MST