Active Now

Chief Ten Beers
Discussion » Questions » Life and Society » When were the good old days?

When were the good old days?

Yeah, yeah, I know. It's customary to say, "These are the best days because carpe diem and all that jazz" but when, for you, was a time you look back on with pleasure? 

Posted - March 3, 2017

Responses

• The mid and late 90's really fell off after '04.
      March 3, 2017 5:08 PM MST

• Any particular reason?
      March 3, 2017 5:15 PM MST

• Not really,  just picked some dates.
    I guess there is some truth to it for me,  things just got crappy after 9/11 and around '04 was around the time the stupidity that followed really sank in and was up and running.
      March 3, 2017 5:50 PM MST

• Grim days in the US. One guy I know said he and his wife went to a Pakistani restaurant that night somehwere in CA (Fresno, I think) and he said the attitude of the Pakistani waiters was similar to what you'd expect from the supporters of a winning football team. 
      March 3, 2017 5:53 PM MST

• Mmmm...  I don't know about that stuff really.
    Just all that Patriot act and security crap. War nonsense.
      March 3, 2017 6:09 PM MST

• Yeah, I missed that. I've heard of the Patriot Act, of course, but we don't have anything like that over here.
      March 3, 2017 7:57 PM MST

From 1994-2005. After that things really fell off. I lost a good job and have struggled a lot financially. 2009-2010 were pretty peaceful years also. 
      March 3, 2017 5:27 PM MST

• I know how that hits. I was in an industry that was steamrolled by computers. I lost my job in 1988 and then tumbled from one to another after that until I retired. Hope things are good for you now. 
      March 3, 2017 5:30 PM MST

At the age of 22.. all I can is.... it was once nice not to wake on a Saturday morning with a chronic hangover.
      March 3, 2017 5:55 PM MST

• With luck you'll get through that phase. I've been there, done that, don't want to do it again. :)
      March 3, 2017 7:57 PM MST

When I was a child and didn't have to worry about a job, clothing, food, a place to live or transportation.
      March 3, 2017 6:01 PM MST

• For many childhood was indeed the best time. 
      March 3, 2017 7:58 PM MST

• Dozy, I can't really say there is any time of my life I have liked as much as right now...

Maybe the years from 1989 through 1999, because that is when I was having lots of spectacular dreams, and I had discovered Carl Jung dream meanings, and got REALLY fascinated by the idea that we can look into our unconscious mind...archetypes...and oh I was working on the meaning of life, and all that...

Now I just let others worry about life and its meaning, and go have coffee...
    Actually now I am working on SAVING the world...that's fun...even if it takes through next year!
    (Gonna enlist aMuggers for that, too...orready got the Blurters on it)

How do you think all this is going? This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at March 11, 2017 2:34 PM MST
      March 3, 2017 6:52 PM MST

• I think you're doing exceptionally well, Virginia. Our drought has broken and the rain has come so what's happening here confirms your positive action. Now do you think you could pay attention to the Oroville Dam?
      March 3, 2017 8:01 PM MST

Ha.. I happen to be a bit of a fan of Jung's dream theory as I can identify with it... hardly a night passes where I don't have vivid dreams that I can remember. As far as the meaning of life goes... I have to admit I've become a little lazy... I've left that in the hands of Monty Python. :-))
      March 3, 2017 7:23 PM MST

• I don't normally remember my dreams. Most of those I do recall are pretty good. But Monty Python? Well, why not? Perhaps we could start a new religion and call ourselves the Pythons. Or the Monties. We could worship in the full monty. 
      March 3, 2017 8:02 PM MST

I could see myself doing that.. after all I make good use of my time walk home from the pub after a night out with the girls by practicing my Ministry of Silly Walks.
      March 11, 2017 2:20 AM MST

• Been there, done that. Maybe I could sign up for your congregation. :)
      March 11, 2017 2:31 PM MST

• Monty Python...and such capable hands they are!
      March 3, 2017 10:04 PM MST

The 80's :-)
      March 3, 2017 9:57 PM MST

• They were great years for me, too. The best. Certainly the fittest.
      March 3, 2017 10:04 PM MST

• When things were going well for whoever brought up the good ol days
      March 3, 2017 11:58 PM MST

• Can't argue with that. :)
      March 4, 2017 4:14 AM MST