Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Human Behavior » Have you ever smashed something to smithereens? What was it?

Have you ever smashed something to smithereens? What was it?

Posted - March 4, 2017

Responses

• Actual smithereens? No, not that I recall. The closest I ever came was ten or twelve years ago playing in a chess tournament. My opponent didn't know one of the traps in the opening he was playing. I was able sacrifice my queen and mate him in two moves. He sat there, a queen to the good, trying to find a free square for his king. It wasn't till I folded the score sheet and put it in my pocket that he realised that he'd been mated. 

He had played well enough in his previous four games to be up at the sharp end but I smithereened his confidence and he dropped away. 

(Don't tell Randy I said "smithereened".)
      March 4, 2017 2:10 PM MST

You can't misspell a made up word.
      March 5, 2017 6:38 AM MST

• True that. My spell checker usually goes berserk but I made one up last week (forget what it was) and when the spell checker snored peacefully on I looked it up. Sure enough, there it was. I felt so let down.
      March 5, 2017 3:31 PM MST

No I haven't.
    I've always wanted to throw a glass in the fireplace, but never got up the nerve.
      March 4, 2017 4:24 PM MST

An old toilet. I had to shrink it down somehow to make it fit the trunk (boot) of my car. I have a special place at my farm where I dispose of stone waste. 
      March 4, 2017 6:31 PM MST

Garlic.
      March 5, 2017 6:45 PM MST

no, i dont do stuff like that
      March 9, 2017 3:46 PM MST