Active Now

my2cents
Discussion » Questions » Health and Wellness » Does anyone have cuddle hugs for this sick gal?

Does anyone have cuddle hugs for this sick gal?

Have bronchitis and it is so bad :( Can barely breathe and it feels like a thousand knives erupting in my chest.. any huggs tonight would be GREATlY appreciated

Posted - March 4, 2017

Responses

• I have chronic Bronchitis so I know how you feel and it can be nasty! Just don't let it develop into Pneumonia! Hope you saw your Doctor or are going too. I'm sorry! 

March 4, 2017 6:28 PM MST

Saw doctor today... thank you for that big cuddle!! Feel better too, it really sucks Yes :/
      March 4, 2017 6:29 PM MST

• You're welcome! Just get better, OK? 
      March 4, 2017 6:31 PM MST

Hi Rooster, again. They put me on benzonatate , 100 mg (it acts like an anaesthetic to numb the tubes) but it is NOT working.. have you been on that med? Would it be ok to take 200 mg? (2 pills) I called but all docs are home now.. drats. I can wait to call again tom. but figured I 'd ask you in case u knew
      March 4, 2017 6:33 PM MST

If you can't reach the doctor, call the pharmacist.  As much as I like Rooster, I doubt he is qualified to give medical advice.
      March 4, 2017 6:34 PM MST

Pharmacy closed too :( I''ll have to wait until morning, but coughing so so much :/ Ty spunky
      March 4, 2017 6:39 PM MST

The coughing may be uncomfortable, but that's the best thing.  You're getting all that gunk out of your lungs, so don't take anything to suppress the cough.  If you have a walk-in clinic nearby, they usually stay open late and you might find someone there who could advise you.
      March 4, 2017 7:37 PM MST

• A short period of Prednisone is what my Doctor gives me when my inhalers aren't doing the job or I pick up a virus. It usually helps a lot. Take some Mucinex as it will help loosen up things and help with the cough. But you need to clear that out of your lungs the best you can. Be thankful it isn't chronic. I have to use Advair twice a day and Ventolin as a rescue inhaler. Best wishes to you!
      March 5, 2017 7:58 AM MST

Aww I'm sorry you had to use a rescue inahler. So I found out I can take 200 mg of the med prescribed if it gets bad (Benzonatane) ... It worked well last night. However the cough came back bad again today :/  I'm going to alternate taking the med and then just coughing with pain the other half of day. Ty for your tips R *hugggg
      March 5, 2017 8:01 AM MST

• I do and I wish you well.
      March 4, 2017 6:31 PM MST

Bigg Hugggg , thank you Whistle
      March 4, 2017 6:33 PM MST

I only give the bone-crushing hugs. I'll end up making you feel worse with broken bones.
      March 4, 2017 6:41 PM MST

Hahaha... ok I'll save those for another day with no bronchitis lol
      March 5, 2017 7:57 AM MST

I hope you get better. Stay nice and cozy and maybe sip some nice hot tea.
      March 4, 2017 7:15 PM MST

Ty so much P
      March 5, 2017 7:58 AM MST

Aww Baybreeze.  You are in good company.  I have it too.  Even worse, I had sinus surgery cancelled on me last Tuesday because of it. I have to wait until the beginning of May to get my surgery now because of how booked up this ENT is.  I have all sorts of nasal/sinus problems that were finally going to be addressed and came down with this bronchitis.

Honestly?  Both my husband and I have had URI's since last Christmas which turned into bronchitis for us both.  I think we both are finally on the mend now.  Fingers crossed.  Whatever is going around is very nasty.

My advice?  Drinks tons of water to keep the mucus in the bronchial tubes thinned out.  I also took mucinex tabs to help with that.  Because I have asthma, I was given a short course of prednisone.  It IS scary having bronchitis and not being able to breathe properly.  I had about 2 days where I felt like someone was sitting on my chest and worried I would end up with pneumonia.  I did rest up, drinking the fluids.  I didn't have much of an appetite, so good old chicken noodle soup was what I basically ate.  

It will get better.  Try doing some deep breathing exercises.  I found that helped me relax a little better and get more oxygen in me.

This post was edited by PeaPod is just popping by at March 5, 2017 3:07 PM MST
      March 4, 2017 7:39 PM MST

Aww that REALLY sucks , all that time of bronchitis... I'm so glad you are on the mend. I'd rather have strep throat ANY day- you are better in a week and the bacteria is killed with antibiotics. They just HAVE to find a remedy to kill viruses :/  I'm on benzonatate, which helped a lot last night.. it numbs the tubes so you don't have to cough as much; but I know coughing helps get out the phlegm.. so I'll alternate, half the day with no med, the other half I will take it. Ty so much for your help and huggs..I wish you tons of luck with sinus surgery too Pea
      March 5, 2017 7:52 AM MST

Thanks Baybreeze.  I never heard of the benzonatate, but I could see how it would help.  We do need to cough to get the stuff out, but the cough itself will irritate the heck out of the airways.  It's a fine balance between allowing a good productive cough and one that is simply happening too much to help.

I'm glad I showed symptoms before I was wheeled into surgery.  Something like that can land someone on a respirator or worse!  They were going to operate as long as my lungs stayed clear, but obviously they didn't.  

I feel a lot better today and know I am going to be well by the time the date rolls around again.  Hopefully I won't be exposed to anything new from here on in.
      March 5, 2017 9:52 AM MST

Oh...and I am sending one of these to help.

hug virtual hug
      March 4, 2017 7:45 PM MST

Aw, that sucks.. hope you feel better soon ♥
      March 4, 2017 8:57 PM MST

Ty so much ...
      March 5, 2017 7:53 AM MST

• You have a lot on your plate right now, Baybreeze...yes, wishing you all kinds of wellness.
      March 4, 2017 10:14 PM MST

Thank you V  *hug
      March 5, 2017 7:52 AM MST

Oh, I'm sorry to hear about it, why don't you try simple home remedies, they work wonders!
      March 4, 2017 11:38 PM MST