Discussion » Questions » answerMug » Why is there so much fatuous click bait on this site?

Why is there so much fatuous click bait on this site?

Does it surprise anyone celebrities form the 80s have aged?   Is there merit in being able to identify TV and movie "icons"?

Posted - March 4, 2017

Responses

It produces revenue for the site so we don't have to pay to be here.  All you have to do is not click on it.  Pretty simple, if you ask me.
      March 4, 2017 7:40 PM MST

• True. It is more a question of the marginal, inane quality of the posts.
      March 4, 2017 7:57 PM MST

I understand which is one of the reasons I don't click on that stuff.  I also have had times on other sites where when you click on the caption, it automatically puts add-ons on your computer and cookies and I don't need the aggravation.
      March 4, 2017 9:54 PM MST

• Judging by the captions they're mainly aimed at people who watch soapies or reality TV.. I've clicked on some, just to generate revenue, haven't been impressed with any.
      March 4, 2017 8:38 PM MST

I can accept AnswerMug needs to sell advertising space to finance the site, even though I have no interest in the goods and services on offer.

I do though, object very strongly to the "You'd Never Believe What ... Looks Like Now" sites - as far as I can see, they exist merely to be cruel to celebrities for growing old and naturally losing the looks they had in their professional primes.
      March 16, 2017 9:45 PM MDT