Discussion » Questions » Life and Society » Are Women More Beautiful With Wrinkles?

Are Women More Beautiful With Wrinkles?

I once read an article by a painter, who preferred his female subjects to have wrinkles on their faces; he was complaining that so many women use creams now. That it was more difficult to reflect a person's character when the face is smooth...
So here is Britain's beautiful Queen Elizabeth II; she is 90 years old. Her warm strength of character is admired worldwide. Would she be even more attractive if she had more wrinkles?

Posted - March 5, 2017

Responses

• This is of course keenly subjective. Beauty resides in the eye of the beholder.
    The simple answer is not all women.

I personally prefer ladies with a certain ---shall we say--- patina; and inner beauty, ever intangible and esoteric, seems to wax or wane alongside the advent of wrinkles. 

With regard to HM the Queen: considering how much this lady has had to smile about surely would bring about features well-conditioned to a bright smile, and no disputing she is a model of class act. In truth though, the physical traits of her lineage tend toward the plain side. This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at March 5, 2017 5:02 PM MST
      March 5, 2017 3:22 AM MST

• Zee (as I am laughing at your delightful post) I even remember a name change...King George V, in 1917, relinquishing the rather Germanic Saxe-Coburg and Gotha in favor of the more dulcet syllables of Windsor.
    But yes those genes still do out, in her majesty and her children...
      March 5, 2017 3:54 AM MST

• I don't blame KG for relinquishing anybody that came from coburg, I know so people that come from Coburg & believe me that's no claim to fame.  
      March 5, 2017 5:02 AM MST

• Hi Austrans, I'm not even sure where Coburg is! I saw on YouTube that Germany was finally unified in 1890, or around there.
      March 5, 2017 9:42 AM MST

• Coburg is a suburb of Melbourne which we Sydneysiders hold in disdain. 
    Did you know that Tasmania is an aboriginal word that translates as "Not far enough from Melbourne?" 
    And "Nullarbor" translates as "still not far enough from Melbourne."

Actually it's a pretty nice city. Very cosmopolitan. I wouldn't normally admit this, but I like it. 
      March 5, 2017 5:05 PM MST

Wrinkles are natural, and natural is beautiful. Each age has its highs and yes, some become a true beauty with their wrinkles... They will add on to their personality and character... Just like those imperfect perfections I do appreciate so much in people I love and care for. :-)
      March 5, 2017 3:50 AM MST

• Ah yes, Sapphic Heart...to see each other with the eyes of love...
      March 5, 2017 3:55 AM MST

Is the best way to my experierience. :-)
      March 5, 2017 6:11 AM MST

• Virginia... Why do you post such hard questions? ... Can we not simply go back to curing cancer instead?
    Ok, rant over!

You use the word beauty... Without a definition .. what do you mean?
    An 18 yo is probably at the peak... The skin is smooth and taught, the figure is trim ... But is that all that beauty is?
    Does a wrinkle define a person's struggles in life, or like the hands of a clock merely mark the passage of time?
    How do you define beauty ... By the genetics they were blessed with or by the number of times they struggle back to their feet, staring life in the face and asking "is that the best you've got"?
    I really don't know
      March 5, 2017 4:41 AM MST

• Ozgirl! Maybe that is another Q for aMug...how to define beauty...
    As for the rant, well, I thought it is nice if we get the hard stuff out of the way first...then...
      March 5, 2017 9:38 AM MST

My wife is starting to wrinkle, but to me, she still looks like herself. The queen looks very noble these days with her attire. She was fairly attractive in her youth.
      March 5, 2017 5:54 AM MST

• Your way of seeing is itself beautiful, bhwilson.
      March 5, 2017 9:35 AM MST

• The Queen sets herself apart from others because she has so much class.
    We all get older and get wrinkles but it's really what's inside that counts. Women's real beauty radiates inside  and wrinkles don't really matter. Some women just carry their age with grace and class. Helen Mirren is a great example. No plastic surgery and she still looks great.

This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at March 5, 2017 6:05 PM MST
      March 5, 2017 6:32 AM MST

• Rooster I have not even seen her for a long time...and truly, yes she looks wonderful.
      March 5, 2017 9:34 AM MST

• She's a remarkable lady, Rooster. Kept her figure, too. 
      March 5, 2017 5:09 PM MST

• What about men?? I look great with my wrinkles:

March 5, 2017 8:37 AM MST

• Oh Hip Brother Flo...yes, Ozgirl above is pondering the definition of beauty...we can just send her to you...
      March 5, 2017 9:33 AM MST

• I am the epitome of beauty.
      March 5, 2017 10:48 AM MST

• Cripes, Hippy, even your ears are wrinkled. 
      March 5, 2017 5:06 PM MST

• The deeper the wrinkles, the deeper the beauty.
      March 5, 2017 7:42 PM MST

• NOT according to Dorothy Parker who declared that time is a great healer but a lousy beautician.

One of the wonderful things about being ancient is that it opens the door to so many beautiful women. Women I would have thought ordinary, even unattractive, in my youth can now be seen in perspective and the character shines through. Wrinkles are part of that. 

So if it may be a stretch to claim that wrinkles ADD to a woman's beauty they don't need to detract from it, either.

This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at March 5, 2017 7:42 PM MST
      March 5, 2017 5:09 PM MST

probably, i think theyre beautiful whether they have wrinkles or not
      March 9, 2017 3:31 PM MST